• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Friends of Percy Squint

pattimelt

I am deeply saddened to hear this news this morning. My brother and I have both beat our own cancers and have lost our dear mother and older brother. This Cancer has to be beat. And it will be. My earliest memories of Percy is probably the third or fourth time I saw him. I remember thinking "I have seen that hat before". LOL. I remember him from spring training. From his questions to Tim Mead at our tailgate. I have half a memory of Tim asking where he was at our Q&A during BP in Tempe this past spring. Did that happen or did I imagine that? I know I sent him a couple of notes of encouragement during his fight. My heart is aching today as we have lost a friend.

I think we need to have a memorial trophy or plaque In his honor for best question for the round table panel at the AW spring fest. Just a thought. Thoughts?

condolences to you and his family, Jim.

Percy was one of my favorite people. that hat, the epic movie reviews, that epic exchange with Arte at spring training a couple of years ago, calling their country Canadia (since they were canadiens) - all of it helped make him who he was, and that was one memorable guy. i'll miss everything about him.

any chance we can get word to Arte on this?

I'm sorry, but it didn't hit me until I had to type it out to my gf that Mike is gone. I'm in tears as I type.

Mike also mentioned how much he appreciated the AW community. A whole F'n lot.  He was going to post an update, but he needed to get past the rough patch first.  Tank, he could not put into words how much your time and efforts meant to him.  He appreciated all the prayer lists. He said it gave him strength. I'm sad I had to be the one passing on this information, because there are more people who have touched him to which we did not talk about. 

I'm sorry, but it didn't hit me until I had to type it out to my gf that Mike is gone. I'm in tears as I type.

Mike also mentioned how much he appreciated the AW community. A whole F'n lot.  He was going to post an update, but he needed to get past the rough patch first.  Tank, he could not put into words how much your time and efforts meant to him.  He appreciated all the prayer lists. He said it gave him strength. I'm sad I had to be the one passing on this information, because there are more people who have touched him to which we did not talk about. 

thanks, derek. you never really know how deeply you can touch someone.

we've been praying for him each day at school, and it's gonna be tough letting the kids know about him tomorrow morning.

Sad news about Percy - I met him once at ST a few years ago . I just kind of stopped him in the aisle and said " you must be Percy from the Angelswin board " he looked at me shook my hand and I think he was amused that I treated him like a celebrity . I'll miss him on these boards and I'll miss seeing that hat in the stands st ST .

My condolences to all of you that knew him well and called him a friend

Edited by vlad27

It amazes me that the passing of a man that I've never met moves me so much.  Someone used the phrase "iconic" earlier.  If I was traveling anywhere in the world and viewed someone wearing that rice paddy hat with the Halo on it, I would immediately think it was Percy.  Not like you see that type of headwear much.  Who else can you say that about?  The man carved out an incredibly unique persona that would be recognizable to those in the know....AW contributors.  RIP Percy/Mike, you will be missed but never forgotten!