• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gas Prices

NJHalo

I just loaded it on my iPhone4s a couple of days ago.  

You can see how wild the price fluctuations can be.

One city had the cheapest gas at 2.97 and most expensive at just over 4.00.

Yeah, in my area, the chevron near me is 3.41.  Mobile about a block away from it is 3.19.  Then about a mile away United Oil is at $3.09.

Gas prices are arbitrary as oil companies can construct whatever pricing schemes they want. Despite claims to the contrary, oil is ubiquitous and essentially limitless. 

Yeah, all those scientists..............................

so dumb. 

I agree that some of the rise and fall of gas and diesel is mysterious.  But to say it is gouging is not an appropriate term.  The refineries, freight and retail end make very little comparitively.

Of course they make ridiculous money, I'm not denying that. But that doesn't mean they are gouging.  They are making a good profit.  Probably a 15% to 20% ROI.   I'm just saying the back end doesn't.  The term gouging is usually directed at what people can see, like the retail end. 

I agree that some of the rise and fall of gas and diesel is mysterious.  But to say it is gouging is not an appropriate term.  The refineries, freight and retail end make very little comparitively.

it seems to me that gas prices in areas around refineries, like socal, should be a bit cheaper because transportation should theoretically be cheaper. conversely, i would think gas prices in places like nebraska would be significantly higher because of a lack of refineries nearby.

it seems to me that gas prices in areas around refineries, like socal, should be a bit cheaper because transportation should theoretically be cheaper. conversely, i would think gas prices in places like nebraska would be significantly higher because of a lack of refineries nearby.

Brandon is correct.  It is almost all about supply and demand.  For instance, freigh cost my station about 5 cents a gallon from Laurel, MT.  That is about 300 miles away.

One other factor to consider is taxes.  One of the reasons California gas prices are high is because their state gas tax is higher.

Plus you have to remember, that we have all these fun additives in our gas to make it more "eco" friendly.  Among which is I think Ethanol which I think is made from corn.  Not much corn in California.  I don't think anyone else in the nation has so many mandates on what is in gas.  So while everyone gets Wal Mart gas, we are stuck in a limited market of supermarket gas.  Mostly it's the same, but just more expensive.

Brandon is correct.  It is almost all about supply and demand.  For instance, freigh cost my station about 5 cents a gallon from Laurel, MT.  That is about 300 miles away.

One other factor to consider is taxes.  One of the reasons California gas prices are high is because their state gas tax is higher.

You own a gas station MT?  Is that a good business?