• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gas Prices

NJHalo

16 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

Without representation.

So the question should be, are you being represented?

if my representatives never seek my opinions about proposed legislation, or pay no heed to my expressed opinions to them, then no.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

You have to understand that many of us here live in California and it is relentless here. I just talked with a friend that moved to Missouri last fall. She has a Dodge Charger that cost her about $500 a year to register it in Cali. She just got it and her husband’s truck registered there for two years for a combined total of $98. It’s hard not to be irritated with what we have to pay. I’m assuming most liberals in this state don’t like them much either. 

Yeah but she has to live in Missouri.

Biden tapping U.S. oil reserves. Surely gas prices will go down now!

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/03/31/world/ukraine-russia-war-news#biden-orders-the-largest-release-from-the-us-oil-reserve-since-it-was-created

Under growing pressure to bring down high energy prices, President Biden announced on Thursday that the United States would release up to 180 million barrels of oil from a strategic reserve to counteract the economic impact of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

With midterm elections only a few months away, gasoline prices have risen nearly $1.50 a gallon over the last year, undercutting consumer confidence. And the cost of diesel, the fuel used by most farmers and shippers, has gone up even faster, threatening to push up already high inflation on all manner of goods and services.

“I know how much it hurts,” Mr. Biden said Thursday as he announced the release of oil. “As you’ve heard me say before, I grew up in a family like many of you where the price of a gallon gasoline went up, it was a discussion at the kitchen table.”

2 hours ago, Tank said:

180 million gallons sounds impressive until you realize that will only last a couple of days. Most people don’t realize that so this sounds more amazing than it really is.

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=23&t=10#:~:text=How much gasoline does the,8.80 million barrels per day).

369 million gallons a day.  So we already used it up by lunch.

19 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Went to my favorite Shell station last night, they have the lowest price near me plus the Ralphs discount.    I found out that the station is switching over to Mobil.

People actually have "favorite" gas stations?