• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

So we're not signing anybody....

DMVol

Considering this org's results with FA signings the past several years, I'd be hesitant to have them sign anyone, except for maybe McCarthy.

McCarthy sucks.

This isn't the first time I heard this. The last time I suggested the Angels sign McCarthy it got shot down and we did this instead:

20130221_mjr_su5_005.0.jpg

There's such thing as keeping a player fresh. He played an entire season last year, he just happened to DH some games. By the way, there's a reason you said Ripken, because he's basically the only guy that plays every game after age 33 or 34. Besides isn't this just another way of adding depth? Basically this is the equivalent to you not wanting the Angels to add a starting pitcher because Weaver should be able to throw 300 innings because Ryan did it at 31.

Steve Garvey started all 162 games at 1B at age 36.

let's also step foot into reality.  just because someone makes boat loads of cash and you really want him to play in the field everyday because he should on principle, doesn't mean that he can and should in the best interest of the team.  

It was a bad signing but it is what it is.  Move forward by putting him in the best possible position to help the team.  He's injury prone and runs like he just spent 6 months on the ISS.  

He is what he is.   

let's also step foot into reality. just because someone makes boat loads of cash and you really want him to play in the field everyday because he should on principle, doesn't mean that he can and should in the best interest of the team.

It was a bad signing but it is what it is. Move forward by putting him in the best possible position to help the team. He's injury prone and runs like he just spent 6 months on the ISS.

He is what he is.

Yeah but that's exactly my point. The team has to constantly adjust to and accommodate for Albert. They're in fact coddling him. (coddling spelled correctly thank you). Yes he is what he is.

Yeah but that's exactly my point. The team has to constantly adjust to and accommodate for Albert. They're in fact coddling him. (coddling spelled correctly thank you). Yes he is what he is.

maybe coddling or perhaps accommodating his current situation.  No matter the spin, you are right, it is what it is.  

of the top 50, guys that interest me are as follows:

Lester - pipe dream but I think he'd be the best fit of the top tier guys

Martinez - Halos are mentioned here, but I just don't see us committing 4 years to a guy about to be 36.  If his price came down and you could get him for 3 years, he'd be a nice fit, but losing a draft pick for him makes this very unlikely

Sandoval - just don't see it happening

Martin - I think he's gonna get way more than he will produce. 

Maeda - this guy could be the best option for getting a middle of the rotation arm.  

No they aren't coddling him they are keeping him fresh and giving him days to rest his legs. This isn't an inconvenience to the team. Was the team coddling Trout when he was the DH? Of course not. The team didn't have a full time DH, they rotate players through the position. You are using this to complain about Pujols.

Don't you guys have some rule about taking an entire piece from the web and copying and pasting it here?

Seriously.

Think about it.

Was on my IPhone and couldn't figure out how to link it....I would worry more about HotStove info for your readers and less about my posting ability....but that's just me. :) Edited by DMVol

Was on my IPhone and couldn't figure out how to link it....I would worry more about HotStove info for your readers and less about my posting ability....but that's just me. :)

There won't be any hot stove info for my readers some day when I don't have a job.

I'm sorry but it bugs me a little when I see people steal what someone else does for a living.

I understand it doesn't happen a lot, but I do want to make sure people think about what it means when they do that.

Sorry for interrupting the thread. And my hot stove info agrees: the Angels aren't signing any free agents of consequence.

No they aren't coddling him they are keeping him fresh and giving him days to rest his legs. This isn't an inconvenience to the team. Was the team coddling Trout when he was the DH? Of course not. The team didn't have a full time DH, they rotate players through the position. You are using this to complain about Pujols.

Kendrick started 154 games at 2B last season. When does he get to rest his legs? On his days off like the rest of the team. Like Doc said it is what it is. We have accommodate his current situation. Pujols is a special case that gets special treatment because of his salary. It's a good thing that he left the NL.

Kendrick started 154 games at 2B last season. When does he get to rest his legs? On his days off like the rest of the team. Like Doc said it is what it is. We have accommodate his current situation. Pujols is a special case that gets special treatment because of his salary. It's a good thing that he left the NL.

I guess Howie gets to rest his legs when Navaro and Cron learn to play 2nd base. What don't you understand that our primary DH's were also first baseman? It's not like they really had to coddle or accommodate Albert. If the Angels played in the NL and the team was constructed the same you'd see Albert start some games at 3rd and Cron and Navaro start at 1st. You would also see Albert as the DH in inter league games. At which point you'd complain.

Don't you guys have some rule about taking an entire piece from the web and copying and pasting it here?

Seriously.

Think about it.

Yes, you are absolutely correct, Jeff. Full articles are not to be posted here.

I've made the necessary edit.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/11/2014-top-50-free-agents-with-predictions-1.html

take a look at how they fared last year with their predictions

It is November 1 and a journalist or blogger has to write something baseball related. A column of pure speculation is the result and this causes fans to get excited, depressed, or angry at the baseless predictions made. I enjoy reading these types of columns but they cannot be taken seriously.