• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

MWAH's Plan for Angels

Second Base

Oh, hey, I knew my ears were ringing for a reason.

Yeah, the Rodriguez link is done by the B-R linker mechanism. Totally automated. Clearly it makes bad choices, like me and the the Freese trade, apparently.

It might very well be a pipe dream. There is a pretty good chance that I'm not very good at the imaginary trade thing, you know, like everyone else on the internet. My logic at the time was one season of Freese was worth more than two months of Andrew Miller, who Boston acquired him for. The transitive property may not apply to trades though. In fact, it almost certainly doesn't.

I do think that Boston could be a landing spot for Freese though if the Sawx whiff on Panda. Like I said in the post, it is more the general idea I'm trying to convey which is add Holt as a superutilty guy and also bring back a back-of-the-rotation prospect for depth.

Edited by monkeywithahalo

i agree with the idea that there isnt much needed, but a few tweaks would go a long way.
the 4 steps listed here make some sense...
we will need a starter to bridge the gap till the guys get healthy, thats a given, though im not shopping in the first tier for that.
for the backup infielder id like to hang on to Beckham, i like his versatility and the occasional pop though i suspect he will wnat a starting gig if possible.
i strongly agree with the left handed reliver

i personally think the DH is something that needs to stop being a rotating spot for us.  Get a legit on that can actually play a little when we need to give someone else a rest, and stop using it as a fill in the blank.. its the one thing i dont like and that made some other teams better in that regard.

ill get into more specifcs as we know more about whose out there, but im thinking small tweaks, not major deals

Oh, hey, I knew my ears were ringing for a reason.

Yeah, the Rodriguez link is done by the B-R linker mechanism. Totally automated. Clearly it makes bad choices, like me and the the Freese trade, apparently.

It might very well be a pipe dream. There is a pretty good chance that I'm not very good at the imaginary trade thing, you know, like everyone else on the internet. My logic at the time was one season of Freese was worth more than two months of Andrew Miller, who Boston acquired him for. The transitive property may not apply to trades though. In fact, it almost certainly doesn't.

I do think that Boston could be a landing spot for Freese though if the Sawx whiff on Panda. Like I said in the post, it is more the general idea I'm trying to convey which is add Holt as a superutilty guy and also bring back a back-of-the-rotation prospect for depth.

I feel like the Red Sox have money to spend and will be looking at an upgrade.  After last night's (and this October) heroics, I think the price tag for Panda will be increasing, but I also feel the Giants will do whatever possible to bring him back.  If/when that happens, it puts Boston in an interesting situation. Try to bring back Stephen Drew and force one of their natural middle infielders into 3B, try to roll with Middlebrooks once he's ready or find an answer in the immediate.  

Sign Franklin Morales to a minor league contract with a spring training invite: I’ve still got to take care of rotation depth and a bullpen lefty. I think I can take care of both of those in one fell swoop by signing Franklin Morales to a minor league deal. Morales was dreadful in 2014, but these things happen when you pitch for the Rockies

This would be the worst possible for move for the  Angels. The things that happened to Franklin Morales in 2014 had less to do with him pitching for the Rockies and more about him being a very below average pitcher. Angels need to stay far away from him.

Selfishly, I would not want him pitching for the Bees. :)  

Edited by Coachbulldog