• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Joe Maddon leaving Rays

Jammer36

What a dumb post nate.  The 2-4 hitters are what killed the Angels. 

In the playoffs you will get good and bad performances.  Putting it on them is ludicrous.  He completely changed his managing style, and on top of that put Hamilton in the lineup.  His post season record speaks louder than the 2-4 hitters performance.

And then did what in the playoffs? Oh yea, got swept by a wildcard team...No one cares about or remembers the regular season

By the team in the World Series, that took out Oakland and Baltimore as well. You really are myopic but at least Angels has your back. Whatever that's worth.

In the playoffs you will get good and bad performances.  Putting it on them is ludicrous.  He completely changed his managing style, and on top of that put Hamilton in the lineup.  His post season record speaks louder than the 2-4 hitters performance.

F'n Mike "Arte says Hamilton makes too much money to sit" Scioscia  :(

In the playoffs you will get good and bad performances. Putting it on them is ludicrous. He completely changed his managing style, and on top of that put Hamilton in the lineup. His post season record speaks louder than the 2-4 hitters performance.

What exactly did he do in the post season that was different from the regular season?

Yes I have. And it's a lot better than Scioscia's.

10-22 happens to be Scioscia's postseason record since 2002.

You may want to recalculate and don't play the Troll game and say 2002 isn't relevant.

Still waiting on Maddon record.

Sorry but I prefer to live in the present. Scioscia has failed miserably since that one glory year and never really came close to replicating it again. I see a bunch of first round sweeps...

I expected the Troll response. Well, living in the present Maddon commandeered the Rays to a losing season. Scioscia compiled the best record in baseball. Scoreboard.

Maddon did a heck of a job with a limited payroll. He propelled and guided his team (against all odds) to amazing years - postseason included - in what was a ridiculously stacked division with teams that had a few individual players making more than the entire Rays' payroll.

I can't even begin to imagine what this amazing manager can do with the budget and talent of a team like the Angels.

Edited by Angels

Maddon did a heck of a job with a limited payroll. He propelled and guided his team (against all odds) to amazing years - postseason included - in what was a ridiculously stacked division with teams that had a few individual players making more than the entire Rays' payroll.

I can't even begin to imagine what this amazing manager can do with the budget and talent of a team like the Angels.

Lol. Some of you guys give MLB managers way too much credit or too much blame.

Angels should have hired Maddon instead of Scosica.  Disney hired Scioscia on name.  Maddon was the right guy for the job.

Word now is he may be going to the Cubs.

Yeah, because you and everyone else knew that Maddon was going to be great, right?  The Mariners, Red Sox and others passed on Maddon before he ended up in Tampa Bay.  Hired Scioscia on name?  Please elaborate... He had earned the opportunity through his work as a minor league manager.

Make no mistake about it... Maddon had talent over the years - talent that was drafted with high picks in the draft because the team sucked for so long...

And an ever-so-common first round exit in the real season.

We need a manager who can win in the playoffs, not a one title wonder. 2002 was a millennia ago. What has he done since...?

Maddon's last three playoffs were early exits with a record of 5-9. 

But you knew that and wouldn't post it.

Maddon did what he could with a limited budget and all that uncertainty (like whether his best players would still be with him throughout the season or traded away...or whether they can afford any of them).

I would love to see what this amazing manager can do with a huge budget with lots of talent like the Angels.