• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

New CA tax soon coming to the FBI near you

California readies pay-as-you-drive tax test, coming soon to a road near you

Kind of an under the radar thing that got signed into law.  Tax as you go will suck if you drive a lot.  And you could argue it's double taxation since they also tax you at the pump.

The FBI thing was kind of in jest.  But I can see how some would have concerns about tracking.  

Edited by gotbeer

This has been rattling around for a while simply because California got what it demanded, more fuel efficient vehicles along with electric cars and mass transit. Now the legislature figured out they are getting far less in gas taxes because of it. So one congressman is pushing GPS tracking to monitor miles driven but of course the implementation will cost billions and the long and short of it is they can not only gauge how far but how fast and that opens the doors to imposing instant ticketing with no way to fight it in court let alone tracking every place you go.

God bless America but in your spare time could you please open up a crevice to the inner core and swallow up the state legislature in session.

what an infuriating piece of bull crap legislation. this reaches WAY TOO @#$%@#$ FAR into my privacy.

i'm already taxed at the pump. their gross mismanagement of my whopping 49 cents per gallon to fix roads shouldn't be saved by taxing me again on how far i drive. it's none of their @#$% business.

I've never seen Tank so angry.

Not to mention the uh car tax (registration) which is insanely high.

cant wait for property tax to go up.

i've been in a bad mood all day. this news didn't help me any.

i'm still pissed that the governator, who took office after gray davis tried to triple the car registration fee but upset so many people that he was recalled, ended up tripling the car registration fees shortly before he left office. it was a cheap, BS move on his part and it's cost all of us a ton more than it should. it'll also never be rescinded because we have crappy legislators in sacramento.

This has been rattling around for a while simply because California got what it demanded, more fuel efficient vehicles along with electric cars and mass transit. Now the legislature figured out they are getting far less in gas taxes because of it. So one congressman is pushing GPS tracking to monitor miles driven but of course the implementation will cost billions and the long and short of it is they can not only gauge how far but how fast and that opens the doors to imposing instant ticketing with no way to fight it in court let alone tracking every place you go.

God bless America but in your spare time could you please open up a crevice to the inner core and swallow up the state legislature in session.

Rather like our local electric utility, NV Energy, who encouraged everyone to conserve energy so that they wouldn't have to build new plants and buy electricity on the spot market. They recommended a number of ways to save. People did what they asked, and then they went to the Public Utilities Commission for a rate increase because their revenues were down.

Like any new tax or tax increase my problem with this is that it stems from the mismanagement of what is already brought in.  Local and federal officials have shown time and time again that they can't manage what they do bring in and until they do no one should be supporting any tax increases or new taxes.  Amazingly though people vote for it kind of like the last elections where the good voters of CA could come together to raise taxes on high earners retroactively to the beginning of the year.  Never mind the fact that it was touted as being for the schools and only half of the revenue increase was actually required to be spent on education. 

Don't forget the Glo-bull Warming hidden fuel tax is about to hit all Californians, too. At any point do Democrats decide they they actually need some new businesses (or existing businesses to stay and grow) in CA so they can keep paying for the left wing utopia they are trying to create? Well, Joe Biden came here and told us that the new $15 minimum wage they are trying to foist on us will be a great economic benefit to the state, so I am sure that will work out.

Rather like our local electric utility, NV Energy, who encouraged everyone to conserve energy so that they wouldn't have to build new plants and buy electricity on the spot market. They recommended a number of ways to save. People did what they asked, and then they went to the Public Utilities Commission for a rate increase because their revenues were down.

same exact thing happened here in glendale with our water usage. idiots.

Don't forget the Glo-bull Warming hidden fuel tax is about to hit all Californians, too. At any point do Democrats decide they they actually need some new businesses (or existing businesses to stay and grow) in CA so they can keep paying for the left wing utopia they are trying to create? Well, Joe Biden came here and told us that the new $15 minimum wage they are trying to foist on us will be a great economic benefit to the state, so I am sure that will work out.

this $15 minimum wage parade is another thing that pisses me off. have these advocates got any idea what that's going to do to prices at places that hire minimum wage workers? imagine the price of your next happy meal for little leroy jumping from $3 to $7.50 so that people who haven't developed a usable skill will continue to try and make a career out of serving fries with your burger, a job that was never intended to support a family.

this $15 minimum wage parade is another thing that pisses me off. have these advocates got any idea what that's going to do to prices at places that hire minimum wage workers? imagine the price of your next happy meal for little leroy jumping from $3 to $7.50 so that people who haven't developed a usable skill will continue to try and make a career out of serving fries with your burger, a job that was never intended to support a family.

Actually I put a new theory before you.  This is supposed to help those that are paid minimum wage right?  The $15 increase.

So if you were hiring someone.  Who would you hire for $31,200 a year?  person A.  Who has no skills.  Can't count.  Pretty much who you had working for you for $8 an hour.  Person B.  fresh out of college.  Can't find a job, because there are no paying jobs.  person C.  Guy who is out of work, because he got too expensive.  Can't find anything in the middle management area, because there are no more middle management jobs.  I'll even throw in person D.  The sous chef's and out of cullinary school chefs and line chefs that make minimum wage.  

The person A's think this $15 an hour is a blessing.  Until they find out that at $15 an hour, they will have competition for those jobs.  And they will stand no chance at the competition for those jobs that are coming their way.