• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Howie's Future

NorCal Halo

it comes down to how best to help the club.
as i said im not getting into all that yet expect to say that IF you can make the club better overall by trading almost anyone, you have to at least look at options.
At some point you have to look at who is replaceable with the talent the club has, and deal from strength.
howie is a good player, but from our team he may be among the most expendable.

Don't trade either of the middle infielders. Green and Beckham are putrid alternatives to Howie. If anything I'd extend him and have him play first and left more often. The only 2nd base prospect in the system I like is Sherman Johnson in and he'll only be in AA next year. I just think Howie's a guy we'd miss when he's gone and come on, there aren't plenty of other 4-5 types on the free agent market? Royals and Mets don't make much sense either. KC has Infante under a fairly hefty contracts, the Mets are still a ways away and need more than a on year rental (they already have Murphy). 

Edited by nikkachez

because he did that for us last time right...

just 2 seasons ago we got 150 IP, 1.39 WHIP, and a 4.,02 ERA out of mr Vargas and they decided not to tender him so...

Hence my words "like a." I am not actually advocating trading Kendrick for Vargas, though I would probably make that trade.

because he did that for us last time right...

just 2 seasons ago we got 150 IP, 1.39 WHIP, and a 4.,02 ERA out of mr Vargas and they decided not to tender him so...

Hence my words "like a." I am not actually advocating trading Kendrick for Vargas, though I would probably make that trade.

Exactly what will we be missing when Howie is gone? The 100+ strikeouts for a guy with little power? The mental errors in the field? The no-show in the playoffs? The ABs with absolutely zero game plan or adjustments to what the pitcher is doing? I'd really love to know what this magic is that we don't appreciate now. **** Howie and his overly sensitive little ass. 

Exactly what will we be missing when Howie is gone? The 100+ strikeouts for a guy with little power? The mental errors in the field? The no-show in the playoffs? The ABs with absolutely zero game plan or adjustments to what the pitcher is doing? I'd really love to know what this magic is that we don't appreciate now. **** Howie and his overly sensitive little ass. 

Kendrick is 6th in WAR among 2nd basemen since 2010. I know you don't like the guy but pretending like he's an awful player is quite funny. 

As far as the zero game plan comment, he walked at the highest rate of his career this season. I wouldn't consider that to be "no adjustment". 

Despite his flaws and "zero game plan" he has still managed a career .292 AVG and 108 OPS+ over his career. Not to mention he has averaged a 3.8 WAR since 2010 when he finally got healthy and stayed there. He is not a spectacular player but he is a well above average 2nd baseman. He is one of those players that gets overlooked and underappreciated because he was never the "batting champ" he was touted as. He is a good player and there are definitely teams out there who would love to have him.

That said, Howie is not irreplaceable, unlike say, Aybar. Green and Beckham can be decent replacements if the pitcher(s) Howie brings in are worth the while. I think they should at least explore the market for him.