• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Homeland, season 3

Tank

what a stupid ****ing finale. No one cares about carrie's family problems just like no on cared about brodie's. At least brodie's was more entertaining because he had to keep his secret from them.

damn...

Edited by Poozy

Finally reached the finale.  After a good run of non-family/non-relationship episodes, the finale ground the momentum to a halt.  The exact opposite of what a finale is supposed to do.

I call it the "Heat" affect.  If you've seen that movie, you'd likely agree that the film would've been much better without the daughter's stupid suicide attempt which derailed the thrill of Pacino chasing Deniro.  And the wife having the one night stand, etc.  Nearly destroyed the movie, imo.  It was saved by the impossibly ambitious gun battle(s), which made you stay glued...you hoped there'd be another similar situation.

Whenever Homeland steps into the stupid g'damned family problems zone I think of the Heat affect.  F!!!!

Screw the dopey faced long-lost mom.  I don't want to see the protagonist go on a road trip to confront her f'ing mommy issues or the too-cool-for-school half brother.  Send him off a cliff with his Target skateboard!

I want to see Carrie avenge the killing of 36 American personnel who were killed at the US Embassy.  And for crying outs, could you please sniff out that smug Paki Taliban abetting bitch!?!  Imagine if Carrie were on to her as opposed to introducing Dopey Mom.

Finally reached the finale.  After a good run of non-family/non-relationship episodes, the finale ground the momentum to a halt.  The exact opposite of what a finale is supposed to do.

I call it the "Heat" affect.  If you've seen that movie, you'd likely agree that the film would've been much better without the daughter's stupid suicide attempt which derailed the thrill of Pacino chasing Deniro.  And the wife having the one night stand, etc.  Nearly destroyed the movie, imo.  It was saved by the impossibly ambitious gun battle(s), which made you stay glued...you hoped there'd be another similar situation.

Whenever Homeland steps into the stupid g'damned family problems zone I think of the Heat affect.  F!!!!

Screw the dopey faced long-lost mom.  I don't want to see the protagonist go on a road trip to confront her f'ing mommy issues or the too-cool-for-school half brother.  Send him off a cliff with his Target skateboard!

I want to see Carrie avenge the killing of 36 American personnel who were killed at the US Embassy.  And for crying outs, could you please sniff out that smug Paki Taliban abetting bitch!?!  Imagine if Carrie were on to her as opposed to introducing Dopey Mom.

You know I never saw Heat that way.  You have now just changed my perception of that great flick.  

disagree completely.

the chase was the least important part of that film.

thank goodness it wasn't just a cops and robbers flick.

i do agree with your thoughts about the homeland finale, though.  pretty lame season overall, too.  i think i'm done watching, actually.  

Dang. I thought this season was great. Enjoyed it more than 24.

Definitely not on the same level of season 1 and 2, but I don't think it was possible to achieve the same level of quality since the plot was only really meant for 2 seasons.

Hell I don't think there's been a show(in the same genre) that was as good as Season 1 and 2 of Homeland. 

The only other one that comes to mind is obviously 24, but I don't think they ever reached the same quality. 

Edited by Poozy

Dang. I thought this season was great. Enjoyed it more than 24.

Definitely not on the same level of season 1 and 2, but I don't think it was possible to achieve the same level of quality since the plot was only really meant for 2 seasons.

Hell I don't think there's been a show(in the same genre) that was as good as Season 1 and 2 of Homeland. 

The only other one that comes to mind is obviously 24, but I don't think they ever reached the same quality. 

This season was awesome up until the finale.  

Have you ever seen the British show MI-5? I thought it was better than both 24 and Homeland.

Never even heard of it. Has a nice imdb rating.

Has the show aged well?

Abbsolutely. I watched through all 10 seasons this year. They're all on Netflix.

It has a bit of the unbelievable factor of 24 and Homeland, but the writing is smart the production value and acting are phenomenal. The characters are really well-developed.

My dad had been recommending the show to me for years before I finally gave it a try. It was one of the top shows in the UK during its run but never seemed to gain much popularity in the US.