• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Miller: Hamilton's comments, like his performance, anything but comical

The Angels and Hamilton need to do some damage control or this could get worse next season and beyond. Hamilton for A-Rod could help both teams and give both players a fresh start. Hamilton could get his confidence back with that short RF porch and A-Rod could be more productive than Freese for a couple of seasons.

A fresh start for both.

Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

Josh has a full no trade clause.  Part of his choice for coming here was to be out of a market where he would get thrashed by the fans.  There is zero chance of him accepting a trade there.  I also can't imagine that Arte would want to deal with Arod.  If Josh is a mild headache, Arod is a migraine.  They both have similar money when you consider Arod's milestone bonuses.  They'll both probably put up similar numbers.  

I just don't see it happening.  

I believe Fletcher wrote it because it sells newspapers, or he knew that it would be controversial and be discussed further. I don't think it was a mistake to write or print it.

Actually, I tried not write it in such a way as to appear like it was just stoking the fire. In fact, the stuff about the fans was all at the end, not even referred to in the lead.

Reason I did that was because the nature of the conversation was not like he was ripping the fans or going on some angry tirade. I think he was really just trying to find a way to say was "I don't care if they boo me. I'm doing the best I can." It didn't quite come out that way.

As I said before, when we got done talking I think he knew he may not have used the best choice of words.

I had no choice but to use his actual words but I could try to frame them in a way that wasn't sensationalizing. Didn't seem to matter with how his comments were perceived.

So when is this BOW & ARROW night on the 2015 promo calendar?

Monday, May4th against Seattle if Rodney is still with Seattle.  The alternative is is Monday August 3rd against the Indians.  Be sure to wear a loin cloth, and ride your horse to the stadium.  The only food that night will be rabbit legs, and buffalo burgers.  No beer, only whiskey shots.

Edited by tomsred

Honestly, this just shows the myopia of some fans on this site.  They would prefer a-rod, a player who is universally despised, was declining before his suspension and hasn't played in an entire year and a known liar, cheater and complete douchebag in every way possible over hamilton.

Hamilton has some potential to recover. He was hitting well before his hand injury, and he never fully recovered from that. Hamilton is 33. Rodriguez is 39, he has had surgery on both hips and he has not picked up a bat in more than a year. He is a known cheat and liar. He has so little character that he even stiffed his own attorneys, the people he hired to defend the indefensible. Without steroids he is just another broken down 40-year-old player whose career is over.

I wouldn't want A-roid on this team if the Yankees just handed him over and paid all of his salary, let alone giving them a player of potential value for him.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Hamilton stays.........why?  because he's too valuable?  No.  Because Angels signed him to a lousy long term contract that no one will take on and then Hamilton is injury prone and now its known he can't bounce back very well from routine injuries.........his ALDS 'performance' showed that for all to see.

will this go away next year --?  Well, there is always a chance that Hamilton will perform better than he has (that should be a low bar).....and he may prove that he belongs to be back in the starting line up again........

But Sosh placing him on the ALDS roster and then starting him in ALL THREE games will NOT GO AWAY.......I, quite frankly, will NEVER understand why Hamilton was not PH for his last AB of Game One after showing that he clearly was not ready to come back from injury at that point.........he should have been PH for Game One and then should have taken a seat on the bench the rest of the series........Not much one can do about that now --but in one respect it won't just GO AWAY -- I think there are a lot of Halos fans like me that will NEVER be able to understand Sosh's decision making on this one.

Hamilton stays.........why?  because he's too valuable?  No.  Because Angels signed him to a lousy long term contract that no one will take on and then Hamilton is injury prone and now its known he can't bounce back very well from routine injuries.........his ALDS 'performance' showed that for all to see.

will this go away next year --?  Well, there is always a chance that Hamilton will perform better than he has (that should be a low bar).....and he may prove that he belongs to be back in the starting line up again........

But Sosh placing him on the ALDS roster and then starting him in ALL THREE games will NOT GO AWAY.......I, quite frankly, will NEVER understand why Hamilton was not PH for his last AB of Game One after showing that he clearly was not ready to come back from injury at that point.........he should have been PH for Game One and then should have taken a seat on the bench the rest of the series........Not much one can do about that now --but in one respect it won't just GO AWAY -- I think there are a lot of Halos fans like me that will NEVER be able to understand Sosh's decision making on this one.

No matter how many times you guys repeat it, it doesn't make it true.  Dipoto made the call on who made the roster.

Dipoto didn't tell Scioscia to play Hamilton (especially not all 3 games).That was Scioscia's call since he's the manager. He's the one who writes that lineup card.

If Dipoto puts Hamilton on the post season roster it sure and the hell isn't to sit on the bench.  There would be much better choices as backups.  

Wait wait wait, this will be fun. I'll predict Angels next point.

Angels- "if Scioscia and Dipoto disagreed, who gets the final say? Scioscia of course, he loves his veterans and he's not going to let some relatively new GM tell him who he can play and not play, he's the manager"

If Dipoto puts Hamilton on the post season roster it sure and the hell isn't to sit on the bench. There would be much better choices as backups.

He was obviously viewed as a potential asset. As was every other player on the roster. But it should've been obvious to anyone after the first game (or even first AB) that he was not in any sort of position to help the club. Those god awful swings and results...not to mention looking lost on defense made it pretty obvious that he was not going to help.

Scioscia failed to adjust. He just kept trotting him out there.

Mike Moustakas was an unlikely candidate to catch fire in the postseason, too.  Arguably, moreso.  Granted, he didn't miss time due to injury, but he was awful in August and September.  

It was a questionable decision, but I can see why the Angels played Josh Hamilton.  Their offense should be able to produce without any production from him, and they had.  Just didn't happen over three games, so people make crazy statements.