• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2015 PGA season

spectacular tournament

johnson.  i just can't imagine what's going on inside that head

i can't imagine him not winning a major soon. would LOVE to see Oosthuizen repeat at the Open Championship, or Jason Day get in there and finally get a major.  

Day did what he always does.  Competes until Sunday then fades away.

So it wasn't just me on a HDTV, with Nates big ass TV, that couldn't see it.  Hell, with their coverage, they might as well used the glowing puck, and it might have been an improvement.  

Sad thing is.  Turico was missed, but he was solid in the first place.  And I missed Berman.  That is how bad the announcers were.

BTW.  Seattle should never ever get another Major.  It was a circus out there.  Sorry, but yellling out whatever phrase before a golfer hits his shot makes you an a hole.

Does that TV still work?

Does that TV still work?

Yes, it works just fine.  Then again, the load we use it then what you probably used it for is much different.  It's probably only one for an hour or two a day.  only days like today are when it's on for a longer period.  

What a finish to the Open!  Too bad the course and coverage sucked ass or it would've been even more entertaining.  Not even daily BJs from Paulina are gonna help Dustin get over this one.  Missing the 1st putt okay, fine, but the 2nd?  That will haunt his dreams for life.  

As I've said before, and no hyperbole, this was the worst broadcast of a golf tournament I have ever seen.

Great tournament and Speith is a stud.  I think so many people will be talking about Johnson missing those putts that the fact that Speith won is going to be lost in the shuffle a bit.

Lastly, what a smart kid.  They tried to get him to praise the course and nix the naysayers with a loaded question.  Instead he just took it as an opportunity to thank the area and praise the crowds.  Brilliant.

1. This was the least enjoyable Major Golf Championship I've ever watched. The course itself was not conducive to quality television production. It was beyond ugly. Like MT, no hyperbole - Fox's coverage of this US Open is the worst broadcast of a sporting event I've ever watched. If it weren't the US Open I would not have watched. In fact, I didn't watch on Saturday. 

2. The USGA needs to check itself. Beyond setting a golf course up to be extremely difficult by growing the rough, narrowing the fairways and turning the greens into rolling sidewalks, it chose an awful, cartoonish course.

3. DJ absolutely choked. I can't imagine he'll ever win a major after that. Tough to come back from 3-putting from 12 feet. 

More than anything, having fast greens is fine, but they were so bumpy and unpredictable it didn't reward good putts, it rewarded luck, which is not the way it should be.

It was total crap and the USGA is getting blasted appropriately.

Fox was total crap.  I didn't really watch on Saturday either.

Jordan Speith is a man amongst men, following up a cruddy 17th hole with that birdie on 18.  

Dustin Johnson is going to be haunted by that 3 putt for quite a while.   But yeah, the PGA needs to get over themselves and simply make tough courses that are fair for the best golfers.   No more 3 ring circus-like greens!

The creators of Caddieshack 2 no doubt loved the course.

Feel free to send U.S. Open coverage back to NBC.    Fox does baseball and football well.   Leave it at that.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I think a US Open should be an incredible test of golf, but you can  accomplish that by choosing courses and creating set ups that require different shot types - draws, fades, etc. Long Par 3s and High Risk/Reward short Par 4s are outstanding. Make the rough as thick as you want but allow balls that hit the fairway or green to stay on the fairway or green. 

I think a US Open should be an incredible test of golf, but you can  accomplish that by choosing courses and creating set ups that require different shot types - draws, fades, etc. Long Par 3s and High Risk/Reward short Par 4s are outstanding. Make the rough as thick as you want but allow balls that hit the fairway or green to stay on the fairway or green. 

i think this is one of the most irritating things about how the USGA sets up Open courses. if your ball lands in the middle of the fairway, there is no reason on earth that you should have to worry about your ball rolling off the fairway into the rough or a bunker. 

i hated olympic golf course in SF for their horribly slanted fairways. it's a stupid setup, and this week's tournament had too much of the same thing.