• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Hamilton makes progress with shoulder after workout

AngelsWin.com

If Scioscia would put him in the bottom third of the lineup this would be good news. The offense has been crazy good ever since Hamilton was removed from the cleanup spot and reinserting him there the day he comes back will undoubtedly be a major blow.

I think there's a better chance of DR becoming an Obama supporter than Hamilton being placed anywhere but cleanup when he comes back.

We're talking Scioscia here.  Hamilton will without doubt resume his cleanup duties, along with his .226 avg since the ASB. 

The other old guy batting in front of Hamilton is hitting .233 over his last 7 games, though he continues his GIDP proficiency, challenging for MLB leadership.  Sure, small sample, but he has looked like kitty litter at the plate during the Angel's recent offensive run, trying to pull everything.

If Pujols drops into a prolonged slump, along with Hamilton, they could form a substantial MOTO empty space going into the playoffs.  Trout may need to prepare for a gaggle of intentional walks.

I won't disagree with that.

But he needs to hit 5th/6th until he even somewhat resembles the 2012 Hamilton.

Kendrick needs to hit cleanup until then.

I would agree, assuming Kendrick doesn't go into one of his patented cold streaks. If he did, and assuming Hamilton is available, who would you rather have hitting clean-up?

For the Angels' sake in the playoffs I hope that Hamilton is done until next year. 

Pretty much can't agree more. To me once the postseason comes Hamilton is going to be exposed for his inability to recognize off speed junk even more viciously than he was during the regular season, and will be a wasted at-bat for a majority of the times he steps up to the plate.

I also don't care for him on defense, and would rather he DH if Scioscia really insists on putting him in the lineup.

Sorry Josh, just haven't been impressed by anything I've seen out of you since putting on an Angel uniform, and if I had it my way you wouldn't have been on the team to begin with.

I would agree, assuming Kendrick doesn't go into one of his patented cold streaks. If he did, and assuming Hamilton is available, who would you rather have hitting clean-up?

I can understand where you are coming from.

If Kendrick goes into one of those, then it would be time to put Hamilton back in the cleanup spot. 

Either that or try someone else like Iannetta or Freese (close to .750 OPS since June 1), if Hamilton still can't get it done.

Edited by Angel Oracle