• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Oakland will not make the playoffs

ABC

Suddenly, after losing two in a row to Houston (no shame nowadays), the M's are the ones with a tough road to a WC spot.

They are off today, and then have to play 17 straight days against almost nothing but contenders to close out the 2014 regular season.

They host the A'ths for 3 games, then travel to Anaheim for 4 games, then travel to red hot Houston for 3 games, then travel to heating up Toronto for 4 games, and then host the Halos for 3 games.

The Jays are suddenly just 3.5 games in back of Detroit for the 2nd WC spot.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I think you need to really look at your definition of a playoff.  

Yes the wild card game is a playoff game.  It is not scheduled on the regular season roster.  It is not a tie breaker.  It is a playoff.  

That being said I don't think they make it even as a WC.  They only have a 1.5 game lead in the WC and they are tanking bad.  They have lost 9 of 11.  Yes four were against the Angels but the other five were against Houston and White Sox.  Playing bad is an understatement.  

Oh snap, we agree on something.

Even by using one their aces for the wild card game we would still have three games against them in the ALDS.

I'd really rather not see Detroit in the first round, regardless of our recent success against them.

I'd honestly hope to see Seattle or KC.

Seattle's pitching is scary, but they'll need to burn one of those pitchers in the WC game. I think our pitching can hold their offense down as well.

That's my point. No matter who they pitch in the WC game we will have to face the Iwakuma and Felix three times. Felix can shut anyone down and Iwakuma has shut down the Angels every time they faced them. That will be three games were we are not even favored. No way in hell we want to face Seattle. There will be three games were we are scoring 2 runs at best. One bade game in the other four and it see yah in MARCH

Which decreases the chances of seeing king felix twice (or even 3 times) in the series.

Still gotta deal with iwakuma...

I like the A's chances of making the playoffs . They have seven games again Texas and three against Philadelphia.

I would love to see Seattle get in as the second wild card. The Angels will then play the Central division champs.

You sure?

I thought the best record team plays the winner of the wild card game

Edited by nando714

One of the final remaining objectives for our Angels this year, is to ELIMINATE the A's from even getting into the playoffs.

If they win the wild card game and we play them in the ALDS, it is not going to be an easy series at all. Their pitching staff is stalwart and Doolittle is back. 

It would be a shame to put them down and not completely eliminate them, only to see them rise back up against our team in the ALDS. 

I like the A's chances of making the playoffs . They have seven games again Texas and three against Philadelphia.

I would love to see Seattle get in as the second wild card. The Angels will then play the Central division champs.

It doesn't work like this anymore. The team with the best record always plays the wild card team regardless of division affiliation.

Seven games against Texas, but two of those against Derek Holland.  Don't know which Philly pitchers they will get.

• 3 weeks later...