• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

A's Gameday Thread

9/10 A's lineup vs CWS Crisp CF Fuld LF Donaldson 3B Dunn DH Reddick RF Norris C Moss 1B Lowrie SS Sogard 2B Samardzija P

Every time I see Moss in their lineup I figure there's a chance they'll tank again.

Another one run loss with 'defensive replacement' Nate Freiman (all 6 '8 of him) basically screwing up everything. With 23 other guys on the bench you want him out there?

Hoping the Astros will win...it'd be pretty embarrassing if they weren't playing so above average.

doing my best IE impression by bumping this

(And to be fair i think most of us felt this way at the time)

to be fair, everything has context within the space time continuum. at that time, the A's had been better than the Angels for a long time.

Edited by ukyah

Which is why bumping posts from months ago is dumb.

if its purely ro call someone out, sure it is. If its to make a point about patience (not that i was calling tdawg out, i felt the same way he did) its not dumb.

The angels have had a rough few seasons. The pessimists have had more than enough ammo. If anyone gets butthurt that they panicked in april and cant own it now...thats on them.

Im not at all saying this is you, not by any stretch. But theres more than a few on here who overreact to every bump in the road. We all get frustrated. And i roll my eyes at the homers who never see the flaws. But the people who cant see the big picture and seemingly pay no attention to other teams kill me.

No one wanted to see torii hunter leave. He had a great 2012 hitting between trout and pujols. But in 2011 there was a big chunk of people on here saying how sick they were of him because his numbers had dipped, he wasnt a leader, stop giving interviews etc. Just a year prior to that he was still one of our best hitters, and a fan favorite...

Im just saying, theres some one here (again, not pointing a finger at you) who cant see past a small sample, and give up on guys way too soon. Guys like jepsen are totally understandable. No one saw this coming. But pujols deserves more credit than some on here gave him. Im not a big pujols fan, but hes a historic player...giving up on him after an injured year is silly. Aybar right now is making a lot of people look bad. Etc etc

Which is why bumping posts from months ago is dumb. 

Meh, I guess it depends on the individual.  

I liked seeing my comments on Rasmus (both early this year and at the time of the trade), I undersold him based on a limited number of appearances and a flat fastball.  Then he started working all his other pitches and rendered all my opinions moot.   I don't mind being reminded that sometimes I need to keep my trap shut and my eyes open.

Meh, I guess it depends on the individual.  

I liked seeing my comments on Rasmus (both early this year and at the time of the trade), I undersold him based on a limited number of appearances and a flat fastball.  Then he started working all his other pitches and rendered all my opinions moot.   I don't mind being reminded that sometimes I need to keep my trap shut and my eyes open.

To me this is one of the cool things about baseball. It's never incremental and you never know what will give a player a "Eureka!" moment and move him up a level as a player. On the flip side you can't always see a good or great player who is about to step off the cliff. Players and teams go through constant ups and downs over the course of a 6 month season and things are very rarely what they seemed in April when October rolls around. I was always high on this year's Angels because there was so much obvious talent and such fixable flaws. It finally came together. The opposite seemed true for the A's. Players were at the top of their ability and there didn't seem to be significant room for error.