• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

College Football 2014

He's sitting out of the first half of a big game. It's not like there's no consequences for what he did.

It's just not espn worthy, and not a good reason to paint the dude like he's a criminal. Just about every single young male has said some stupid stuff before when your friends are around and you're trying to like cool or whatever.

I'm so sick of seeing all the tabloid BS all over the sports networks. Every time I turn on espn and they're covering Adrian Peterson, Greg hardy, etc etc it just makes me borderline nauseous. It's so over covered and over analyzed and every talking head has to get their piece in about how outraged they are. I miss the times when espn used to actually cover sports and the ticker on the bottom just showed scores.

Meh. He's how old? 20? And a college student. They do dumb s*** like that all the time.

The media places these kids under a microscope, and every little thing they do is scrutinized and vilified. The national obsession with athletes is not healthy in my opinion. There's a lot of nut jobs out there who take college football way too seriously.

I've never seen anyone jump on a table and yell obscenities .

it's not ok, no matter who you are

He's sitting out of the first half of a big game. It's not like there's no consequences for what he did.

It's just not espn worthy, and not a good reason to paint the dude like he's a criminal. Just about every single young male has said some stupid stuff before when your friends are around and you're trying to like cool or whatever.

I'm so sick of seeing all the tabloid BS all over the sports networks. Every time I turn on espn and they're covering Adrian Peterson, Greg hardy, etc etc it just makes me borderline nauseous. It's so over covered and over analyzed and every talking head has to get their piece in about how outraged they are. I miss the times when espn used to actually cover sports and the ticker on the bottom just showed scores.

maybe these athletes should act like men instead of thinking that real world rules don't apply to them.

I've never seen anyone jump on a table and yell obscenities .

it's not ok, no matter who you are

I never said it was ok. I just think its not worthy of all the media coverage

sports center today listed all of winston's "crimes" in his time at fsu. One of them was "someone saw him steal soda from burger king.". Holy shit! Stop the presses and fire up the news van.

I never said it was ok. I just think its not worthy of all the media coverage

sports center today listed all of winston's "crimes" in his time at fsu. One of them was "someone saw him steal soda from burger king.". Holy shit! Stop the presses and fire up the news van.

you may not have stated that it was ok, but you're quick to excuse his behavior.

you may not have stated that it was ok, but you're quick to excuse his behavior.

because his behavior is not something to get riled up about.

Greg hardy? Ok. Peterson? Yeah, I can see the outrage. Ray rice obviously.

the kid said something dumb. What do you think fsu should do? Suspend him for half the season?

no, I think the punishment is appropriate.  

I don't think anyone is riled up about this, but seeing how he's the Heisman Trophy winner and this isn't his first screw-up, it warrants reporting.

plus there's a growing pattern of stupid behavior from him. this kid is the face of the football team and possibly the university, plus he's the raining heisman trophy winner - his behavior needs to be above board in every regard.

Jameis Winston has released a statement apologizing for the incident; “taking full responsibility” for yet another run-in with the law; and acknowledging, even as he yet again displayed the “youthful ignorance” of a player just coming off his redshirt freshman football season, “that my mistakes are magnified and can bring great embarrassment to all those who support me” and that “my conduct needs to be above reproach.”

April 2014 

Edited by Lou

plus there's a growing pattern of stupid behavior from him. this kid is the face of the football team and possibly the university, plus he's the raining heisman trophy winner - his behavior needs to be above board in every regard.

If this kid is the face of the university, there's something wrong with the university. It's an academic institution, not a sports club