• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Oakland Drums

LAAMike

I am sure that this had been asked before, but what is the story with the fans being allowed to bring drums into the stadium and beat on them the entire game? Is this limited to a select few in the outfield stands? It would be a bummer to have to sit near the drummers for an entire game. Remember when a fan would bring in a trumpet or a bugle and "charge" was played a few times? I guess these are not allowed anymore so why are drums allowed?

The RF section 149 fans in Oakland bring drums, cow bells, banners and flags. They're very passionate about their A's and I think it's great. I've sat with them during the Matsuiland transition and they're very cool peeps.

Do you remember the 'Babooshka" give-away 6 or 7 years ago?  By the sixth inning people figured out that by twisting the top & bottom halves together you could create the most annoying, fingernails-on-the-chalkboard squeaking imaginable.  Get 20 or 30 thousand people doing it simultaneously and the cacophany was enough to make you want to rip your ears off.

I still remember Halos Seat Cushion night in July 1978 (traditional DH vs Twins).

30,000+ people banging those cushions made it about as loud as imaginable.

Plus it was the first contention season for the Halos since 1970.

Do you remember the 'Babooshka" give-away 6 or 7 years ago?  By the sixth inning people figured out that by twisting the top & bottom halves together you could create the most annoying, fingernails-on-the-chalkboard squeaking imaginable.  Get 20 or 30 thousand people doing it simultaneously and the cacophany was enough to make you want to rip your ears off.

lulz

I still have all three of my Babooshkas. Erstad, Colon, and Glaus.

I've seen the guys with the flags. They look very, very dumb. It's a baseball game, not a military funeral.

I actually like passionate fans. There's nothing wrong with the drums, bells or flags. The A's Matsuiland guys and girls tailgated with Angelswin a couple of seasons ago and they were nice people. But we are not allowed to stand up and cheer in Anaheim until the Make Some Noise cue is lit up. The Trout farm is a yawner compared to Kings Court in Seattle.

The Angels are pretty restrictive in terms of what you can bring into the stadium.  Flags, banners, drums , bugles and masks are not allowed.  They will not even allow you to wear the Mexican wrestling masks

that were a giveaway a year ago.  I assume the Matsuiland/Toriitown  display had to be blessed by the management but Claude would be the expert on this.  In any case the constant drumming will be very

evident on tonight's broadcast. 

The Angels are pretty restrictive in terms of what you can bring into the stadium.  Flags, banners, drums , bugles and masks are not allowed.  They will not even allow you to wear the Mexican wrestling masks

that were a giveaway a year ago.  I assume the Matsuiland/Toriitown  display had to be blessed by the management but Claude would be the expert on this.  In any case the constant drumming will be very

evident on tonight's broadcast. 

You're right Mike. The Angels Management gave our signs their blessing and appreciated our efforts. Tim Mead and Dennis Kuhl are the best.