• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Oakland Drums

LAAMike

I am sure that this had been asked before, but what is the story with the fans being allowed to bring drums into the stadium and beat on them the entire game? Is this limited to a select few in the outfield stands?  It would be a bummer to have to sit near the drummers for an entire game.  Remember when a fan would bring in a trumpet or a bugle and "charge" was played a few times?  I guess these are not allowed anymore so why are drums allowed? 

I am sure that this had been asked before, but what is the story with the fans being allowed to bring drums into the stadium and beat on them the entire game? Is this limited to a select few in the outfield stands?  It would be a bummer to have to sit near the drummers for an entire game.  Remember when a fan would bring in a trumpet or a bugle and "charge" was played a few times?  I guess these are not allowed anymore so why are drums allowed? 

Maybe it would be offensive to Native Americans to ban them?

I think it's all good... the drummers, the guy in Cleveland... the ToriiTown/MatsuiLand/Hamiltown group, etc., etc.  I think it gives a stadium character and its own identity. I even like mascots - like the Phillie Phanatic, etc.

Not saying I want them to go away, just wouldn't want to sit nearby. I don't want to leave the game with a pounding headache.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Those are so gay

If we make the post season I hope they don't hand those out

Back in 2002 I was watching Game 7 from my buddies house about 5 miles away, and I could hear the thundersticks from the stadium.

It was amazing. It felt like the entire community was a part of the game.

I hope they hand them out.

I think it was the 2008 playoffs when they handed out the fans and people quickly learned they could be loud and obnoxious by banging the fan against their hand. That was by far worse than anything I've heard in person.

Do you remember the 'Babooshka" give-away 6 or 7 years ago?  By the sixth inning people figured out that by twisting the top & bottom halves together you could create the most annoying, fingernails-on-the-chalkboard squeaking imaginable.  Get 20 or 30 thousand people doing it simultaneously and the cacophany was enough to make you want to rip your ears off.