• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

All Time LA Dodgers team catcher: Mike Scioscia

disarcina

For those of you following the All Time Dodgers and Angels team picks and then the simulated series between the two All Time teams.

Mike Scioscia was voted by the participating fans as the All Time Dodgers catcher over John Roseboro and Mike Piazza.

I selected Piazza simply because he hit something like 300 HRs as a Dodger catcher........Scioscia was second on my selections.

For what its worth, Halos won the simulated series 4 games to 3 with Nolan Ryan coming up big in pitching duels with Sandy Koufax.

actually Piazza hit 177 HRs as a Dodger (419 total -- he had 220 with the Mets)......

looking at the stats and time played with the Dogs -- I'd change my vote to Scioscia  - he played more years for LA and anyone who watched him play -- geez, he was a good catcher and perhaps one of the best ever at blocking the plate.........

Roseboro helped the Dodgers pitching staff to four World Series, of which they won three. Like Scioscia he was not an exceptional hitter but he worked behind the plate as well as any framer.

He was also involved in an incident that forever made enemies of the Giants, the infamous Juan Marichal fight. A fight that he never threw a punch but ended up hospitalized by Marichal hitting him with his bat.

actually Piazza hit 177 HRs as a Dodger (419 total -- he had 220 with the Mets)......

looking at the stats and time played with the Dogs -- I'd change my vote to Scioscia - he played more years for LA and anyone who watched him play -- geez, he was a good catcher and perhaps one of the best ever at blocking the plate.........

Other team scores if he blocks the plate