• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Ferguson Unrest

The take he had is still horrible.  Any death except for natural ones can have a what if attached to it.  Bottom line is he isn't dead if the cops don't choke him out.

but the cops don't choke him if cooperates, and that's what i'm wondering about. this may be another case where if the victim cooperates, the outcome is likely quite a bit different. what the police did was wrong - no justification for using an illegal chokehold whatsoever -  but the uncooperative actions of the victim put him in a bad position. i think the victim has to take at least a little responsibility in starting the chain of events.

but the cops don't choke him if cooperates, and that's what i'm wondering about. this may be another case where if the victim cooperates, the outcome is likely quite a bit different. what the police did was wrong - no justification for using an illegal chokehold whatsoever -  but the uncooperative actions of the victim put him in a bad position. i think the victim has to take at least a little responsibility in starting the chain of events.

He might take responsibility if he was still alive.  

Come on, Tank. If a cop, or in this case a gaggle of cops, can't manage a single unarmed suspect without snuffing the life force from his body then they are abject failures. Their job is to place suspects into the justice system, not kill them. Anything short is job not done.

Edited by arch stanton

I remember in the early days when some weren't accustomed to his shenanigans, they placed him on ignore. After a while, you learn to accept it and eventually embrace it.

He's like that douchey uncle that is completely inappropriate with the women in the family, especially the young ones, but never quite crosses the line into full pedo.

Come on, Tank. If a cop, or in this case a gaggle of cops, can't manage a single unarmed suspect without snuffing the life force from his body then they are abject failures. Their job is to place suspects into the justice system, not kill them. Anything short is job not done.

when the victim resists arrest, police are going to take stronger measures to get him to submit. it's not like they're just going to go "ah, screw it. we give up. you're free to go." stop resisting and a lot of these officers won't resort to stronger, harsher measures.

did the police taze this guy?

Edited by Tank

All of these excuses for the police like "if he hadn't resisted" or "if he wasn't so overweight" are driving me crazy.  It is basically like a drunk driver saying that if the person they killed while driving intoxicated hadn't been on the road that night, they wouldn't have been killed.

A majority of murder victims have put themselves in situations that likely increased their chances to be murderd.  That still does not exonerate the killer, at all.

Yeah, the issue is he shouldn't have even been arrested or detained in the first place. Listening to the lawyers on tv, he should have just been cited if he was selling loosies.

There is a real problem with law enforcement just thinking they can go up to anyone and detain them or infringe on their rights like it's Auschwitz.

please understand i'm not trying to justify what the police did, not in any way, shape or form.

however, i understand their frustration when a suspect won't cooperate. my point is that if the police are trying to arrest you, don't resist. so many of these stories involve a suspect that wouldn't cooperate (like way long ago with rodney king). it can set off some police officers in a final straw sort of way it seems. 

i don't think the police are deliberately looking to use harsh measures to subdue most/every/any suspect, but i think when a suspect resists, it exacerbates the situation.

when the victim resists arrest, police are going to take stronger measures to get him to submit. it's not like they're just going to go "ah, screw it. we give up. you're free to go." stop resisting and a lot of these officers won't resort to stronger, harsher measures.

did the police taze this guy?

Watch the video. It's readily available. Maybe you don't mind living in a place where that's acceptable. I don't.