• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Ferguson Unrest

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cleveland-officer-who-killed-boy-12-was-previously-deemed-unfit-for-duty/ar-BBgj757

Cleveland officer was found unfit by the Independence Police Dept but they failed to let Cleveland know about that when they called their HR department.

Sigh.

Four of the five months he was with Independence were in the academy. Apparently, he must have exhibited his traits early and often in his short career with them.

When you consider how much money they spent training him, to be in the process of firing him after being on the streets for one month says a lot.

If I were black, I'd probably be pretty frustrated. A white guy shoots up a theatre and is apprehended without incident. A white drug-addled lunatic with a samurai sword is disarmed and arrested without so much as a scratch. An autistic black dude with a fake samurai sword is shot six times in the back in a Panda Express parking lot. Then there's this absolutely disgusting situation in NY.

I don't know why people trust cops implicitly. It's kind of scary that people who are just as stupid, crazy, abusive, and impulsive as the rest of us are tasked with enforcing the law.

the problem with that kind of thinking is that people lazily assume that any of those examples are related. It assumes that the police dont arrest blacks, yet we always here how the prisons are filled with them.

More whites are shot by police annually than blacks (because whites outnumber blacks). There is a vast difference though between an active event and a stale one.

The colorado shooter gave up right? In the case of brown, he didnt. The two events are no more related than one person smoking and not getting cancer vs another who does, just because there happens to be a common denominator.

what if the victim had simply cooperated when the police asked him to? i'll bet this situation ends quite differently.

The take he had is still horrible.  Any death except for natural ones can have a what if attached to it.  Bottom line is he isn't dead if the cops don't choke him out.

http://news.yahoo.com/phoenix-police-officer-shoots-dead-unarmed-black-man-200230314.html

Great.  This one sounds like it might have been legit but not what the country needed.  Have to wonder why a cop would risk his like and others' lives over a drug deal.

Another reason why the war on drugs is beyond horrible.

I mean, I'm no genius but it seems like if you are black and you break the law, you could die, so if I was black, I think I'd not break the law.

Then I'd probably not die.

But whites don't get killed when they break the law at such a clip.  Breaking the law isn't a death sentence.

I agree that their community as a whole is struggling and needs to take more responsibiltity for the overall plight of black americans.  However that still doesn't mean peeps shouldn't voice their displeasure when cops kill, beat or in other ways mistreat people, any people.

We have a court system for a reason. 

Remember this from 2000?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

Departments purposely only hire mostly stupid, low IQ bullies that embrace the militarized police state and torture/murder innocent people.

Werent you the same guy who was talking about WTC conspiracies a few weeks back?

If we could all only have your IQ..

As far as the article posted above (about reporting stats), the last part needs clarification. It says blacks in ferguson are arrested at 3 times the rste of other races. Is that in ferguson? Because demographics wise, isnt the city like 90 percent black? If so what point is it making?

That would be like saying garden grove pd arrests more vietnamese people than blacks.

But whites don't get killed when they break the law at such a clip.  Breaking the law isn't a death sentence.

Don't have any stats.  But it might only be what is covered in the news.  

Remember the Fullerton incident.  And the huge amount of Hispanics that were killed in Anaheim beginning of this year or last year?  There was a story in the local paper about some Korean chick that was drunk, and jaywalked across Olympic that was arrested.  She was put in the squad car, and as they left, she somehow was able to get the door open, and fell out of a moving patrol car.  There was also the incident where the white guy was shot running out of a hostage situation, when he was the hostage a few months back.  But got little coverage.

I think police actions happen more than people realize against all races including whiteys.  It's just that the news/media only selectively covers those that they think will help their ratings.

I have no clue if its bu design that the media only covers certain stories. Thst movie nightcrawler was interesting in terms of thst, but to be fair the rest of it was so far fetched maybe that suggestion was as well.

I can say for a fact that the media covers maybe 1 percent of what goes on every day. A gnarly crash will get them there. An out of the ordinary crime will as well.

But unless someone gets shot in a very public place you wont see it on the news. If you watch the news (papers, etc), apparently in any given 24 hours where you live, there were zero burglaries, fights, domestic violence, suicides, 5150's, etc etc. On any given shift either i or the people i work with will go to 1 of those a piece, if not several (not suicides, those are more like once a week). But the point being, the public as a whole is only ever going to hear about a fraction of what happens every day.