• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Ferguson Unrest

Chimpout is a hashtag being used on twitter to describe crimes/acts made by blacks.

I think bakunin is just trying to be offensive so he can get banned. I'm sure posting on this board is just a game to him at this point.

That's our little bakunin. He's soooooooooo outrageous. Nevermind that silly attention whore.

That's about how far St. Charles is. We spent a couple days there last summer. Nice place, we even thought about moving to suburban STL some day in the future. No more.

He said that he is giving serious thought to moving out of the area - and his family moved to the St. Louis area when he was about 16 and he has been there ever since. Until he contacted me on Facebook I hadn't seen him or heard from him since my junior year in high school.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Just got a note from an old high school buddy who moved to the St. Louis area years ago. He is seven miles from Ferguson. He is more than a little edgy right now. No violence in his area, for the time being.

I just found out a guy on my parents' street -- his brother lives 3 blocks away from the rioting in Ferguson and he's even on the school board there. 

The cops told him not to go anywhere without his guns and lots of ammo.

I suspect that the Brown family and many of the protesters don't trust the evidence. They're not outright saying it but if pressed, some would probably say that the evidence was planted.

Wilson's story makes more sense but some of the narrative that led up to the shooting seems fairly convenient. If he was stretching it about asking them politely to get off the street, one can't help but wonder what else he was filling in the gaps with. In the heat of the moment, did he really stop and ask himself if he can shoot him? It's possible but that would have taken some quick thinking.

I suspect that the Brown family and many of the protesters don't trust the evidence. They're not outright saying it but if pressed, some would probably say that the evidence was planted.

Wilson's story makes more sense but some of the narrative that led up to the shooting seems fairly convenient. If he was stretching it about asking them politely to get off the street, one can't help but wonder what else he was filling in the gaps with. In the heat of the moment, did he really stop and ask himself if he can shoot him? It's possible but that would have taken some quick thinking.

Therein lies the problem: they refuse to believe anything that doesn't support their position. Michael Brown was a sweet boy, cops are bad, the officer is racist, and this is just another example of the system destroying a young black man. That is all they will believe, no matter what contradicting evidence they are given. They refuse to accept anything else.

I heard Michael Brown's mother basically say she doesn't believe it is even Michael Brown in the store surveillance video. Really? She is so delusional that she can't even admit that indisputable fact? I guess it isn't consistent with the story that this whole situation was caused by a racist cop and racist society.

Global jihadists tweet in bid to recruit Ferguson protesters

Islamic jihadists worldwide have launched a barrage of recruitment messages amid the latest unrest in Ferguson, Mo., using Twitter accounts to call on African-Americans and others in the United States to join their cause.

Some messages urge direct revolt against the U.S. government, while others evoke the names of former black leaders – among them Malcolm X – in a bid to convince people of color that living under an Islamic caliphate is in their best interests.

“March against tyranny and arm yourselves against the true terrorists of our time: the US government,” says a tweet from a prominent Dutch jihadist in Syria going by the name of Israfil Yilmaz, and carrying “Ferguson Rising” and “Ferguson Decision” hashtags.