• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

jersey number 27

notherhalo

number 44 has a lot of HRs --

maybe it's a west coast thing -- and for some reason I never really associated Hank Aaron with his jersey number -- he was just a great player (and, actually, all the HR stuff detracted from the fact that Henry Aaron was an all around player who never really got the acclaim for that the way others (Willie Mays) did --- Now Mays was amazing -- but Aaron was closer to Mays in terms of being an all facets of the game player than many give him credit for).

But when I think of Number 44 (sorry, Reggie) -- to me, it's STRETCH -- Mr. Willie McCovey.  I think if you went back and did an analysis of stats from a 'were they clutch hits' kind of perspective, McCovey would be near the top of the list in that category............

Number 24 may have something to say about this....  Griffey Jr,  Mays, Bobby Bonds, Barry Bonds (Pittsburgh years), Manny, Dwight Evans, Andre Dawson, Miguel Cabrera, Rickey Henderson (292 HRs), Tony Perez.

Griff, Mays and Manny through the Boston years alone are 2K HRs -- they rest are just piling on.

Don't forget Gary Matthews, Jr.  - oh wait... never mind.

Number 24 may have something to say about this.... Griffey Jr, Mays, Bobby Bonds, Barry Bonds (Pittsburgh years), Manny, Dwight Evans, Andre Dawson, Miguel Cabrera, Rickey Henderson (292 HRs), Tony Perez.

Griff, Mays and Manny through the Boston years alone are 2K HRs -- they rest are just piling on.

Wow, 24 totally slipped my mind, sorry Jack Bauer.