• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols is...

...really good at baseball.

I hope we can all put all the bitching to rest since he's been doing pretty damn well.

ibsZSAEvo2Vkuw.gif

Edited by failos

Was listening to the dodgers postgame, and they were dogging puig about it pretty big, which was good to hear. Whatever dork they had who tried the 'hes cuban, he doesnt know better' got shut down hard by kevin kennedy. Kennedy basically called BS, saying cubans, dominicans (mexicans per adam) have come here before and not had the same issues, which I totally agree with. Morales wasnt a prick, cespedes hasnt had issues

Plenty of american born players have been pricks too and its not based on where they grew up.

Pujols is coming around, and his aggressiveness has grown I think from being on this team, especially with guys like Aybar. Him going to 2nd on that play was great, heads up, kinda exposed the asshat Puig can be from time to time. The finger wagging thing, meh, I think the Angels are better than that. Perhaps it's all in good fun, but I prefer we speak with our playing, not with the antics.

But Pujols still needs to learn how to run.

I didnt get to watch, can someone post a link of him and puig going at it? Or at least describe it.

The Pujols stolen base was caused by Puig being a dick earlier in the 6th inning. Aybar was on first and Freese hits a line drive out to Puig who throws to first base to try and double up Aybar. Then Puig pulls the Mutumbo and wags his finger at Aybar even though he was safe.

In the 8th Pujols hits a single to left and then Hamilton puts Puig back to the warning track where he makes a lazy catch, not bothering to look to see if Pujols tagged. By the time he reacted it was an off balance throw that was wide of the bag. Aybar then flies out to shallow center and after making a catch Puig gestures for Albert to run on him but it wasn't good natured joking, he was pissed.

Although taunting may just fire up the Dodgers I think it would be funny if Puig gets thrown out trying to steal second and Aybar gives him the Mutumbo after the tag.

Albert's bat is still a shell of his former self but he has been showing some leadership. He has shown some swagger the past few weeks that we have not seen from him in an Angel uniform. That's the kind of stuff that makes for excellent team chemistry. Hopefully this can help relax him and get that power stroke back

And seeing Chris Davis' brick glove and A-Gon who can't scoop a throw and Cron being Cron, you have to appreciate his defense.

I agree. Even though his offensive abilities have not lived up to his contract his defense has been there. I'm just glad to see some charisma from him.