• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What we get for +- 50 Million per year

ghoetke

I will give you props for being one person on here that has been against big name free agent signings from the get go. I totally disagree, unfortunately all you have to do to refute my stance is go to exhibit A and exhibit B who hit 3 and 4 in our line up. I guess I see it as black and white and maybe that doesn't have to be the case. But I see it like this, if we don't try to build a winner, then what happens when Trout and Richards are coming up on free agency? Do we resign them to contracts that maybe they won't be worth, or worse yet, will they stay if we never put other big name productive players around them? Despite the A's success, I would HATE to be a fan of that team right now. Every time you have a player mature into a great player or pitcher they are traded away. When was the last time they had a very good player play their entire career there?

I've actually been wrong, I thought these albatross contracts (whether via trade or FA) would hinder the ability to sign our good young players (the Weavers and Trouts).  There is no evidence that is the case.

Sadly Grienke wanted to be in the NL and was going to the highest bidder, he basically said that in his press conference. Regardless of what contracts we had the Dodgers weren't going to be outbid.

Can't say I blame him, not just for the money but also seeing how well he hits the ball (.788 OPS in 2013, albeit under .500 so far).

Edited by Angel Oracle

Can't say I blame him, not just for the money but also seeing how well he hits the ball (.788 OPS in 2013, albeit under .500 so far).

in 2013 Zack Greinke had the same offensive WAR as Josh Hamilton.

And you whine about how there's not enough baseball discussion on this board, and yet all you posts are asinine pictures and sarcastic passive aggressive bitching about the content of the board.

for how much you cry about how the board needs better content, you sure as hell dont bring anything noteworthy. I see better more intelligent baseball discussion out of TD than you

Just back from a long trip, turn on the first  Angels game in weeks and Trout on first and Pujols hits into a 6-4-3 DP. I guess I didn't miss a thing. In fairness,  I then check the standings and see the Angels 21 games over .500. Something must be going right. (Was that Huston Street closing?) I agree with all the above re Pujols, but Hamilton  is a different story.Tthe guy blows hot and cold, but when he is hot he can carry a team.  I hope he's on a hot streak at playoff time and proves the doubters wrong.