• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Stock Market: The Thread

6 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Fresh all-time highs for Dow, S&P, and Nasdaq this morning, and still climbing.

Dow is up 11.5% since the election.

Good times. Trump times.

I wonder how much that old guy that said Trump is going to ruin the economy and the markets will be crashing has lost now?  I think he was close to a billion from when he was elected to a few weeks before the inauguration.  You don't hear from him much anymore.

Maybe people are rushing to buy stocks because they know that Trump will bring about the end of the world soon, and they just want to make some money before the apocalypse. I mean, the media is telling us Trump is the worst thing ever. That's what I see every time I turn on the TV or pick up the L.A. Times.

Yeah, that must be it. Make some money before we all die.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/4040012-u-s-stock-market-tops-25-trillion-1_9-trillion-since-election

U.S. Stock Market Tops $25 Trillion - Up $1.9 Trillion Since Election

Since Trump won on election night back in early November 2016, US market cap has risen $1.9 trillion. In case you're wondering, US market cap rose $12.3 trillion from Election Day 2008 through Election Day 2016 ($11.4 trillion up to $23.7 trillion).

-----

Different sort of approval rating...

New all-time highs for the indexes. Good times.

I wish I had been more on the ball and bought into a Russell 2000 (small-cap stocks) index fund in November. Interesting that it starting rising on November 4th, when the market sensed that Trump had a decent chance at winning. Small companies will benefit tremendously by the regulatory rollback he's initiated. Russell 2000 is up 18% since November 4th.

The Dow just blew through 21,000 like it was nothing.

Irrational exuberance or reasonable optimism about Trump's economic promises?

I'm reading about the Shiller PE ratio, which is very high at the moment. In fact, it's the same number (29.43) as Black Tuesday in 1929, and higher than during the Fall of 2008 before the market collapsed. Numbers over 27 tend to precede large drops in the market.

http://www.multpl.com/shiller-pe/

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

I am wondering exactly when the right time is to cash in on the recent profits, and go conservative for the time being.

Don't go too conservative. This could still have more room to run.

Having a certain percentage in cash is never a bad idea.

On 3/1/2017 at 9:23 AM, Angel Oracle said:

I am wondering exactly when the right time is to cash in on the recent profits, and go conservative for the time being.

I sold some equities yesterday. I'm still very much long, but nice to lock in a small bit of gains to use for other purposes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2017 at 5:50 PM, aznhockeyguy said:

Trump train derailing?  8th straight day of declines.  Thinking of selling all my equities for both my IRA and my cash heavy reserve and sit out of the market for a while.

kind of like my relationships.

you get in with some uncertainty, then not sure what to do, then you realize you may have made a bad decision and bail. although, it sounds like the opposite as when i would pull out it was thinking long term, whereas when you pull out it's a short sided thought process.