• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Trade Deadline Thread

Tyler

hahaha, hes probably pushing for the trade then. I know the dirst reaction is 'hes already rich, 2 million is nothing.' Disagree, 2 million just to change jerseys and probably for a better one is a lot of money.

I happen to like the Rockies' jerseys.

Their organization, however, sucks.

I could see a Lackey for Kemp swap.

Idk if Boston would really trade Lester. I'm sure they want to make him a QO in the off season and get a pick for him

To me that makes no sense. Lackey is dirt cheap, kemp is old and real expensive. Lackey (IMO) has a ton more trade value than kemp right now. Teams can always use pitching, and a number 2/3 starter whos cheap and has playoff experience is a pretty decent commodity.

I guess if the dogs pay a huge chunk it could happen...I just dont think kemp counts as a big bat anymore. And his fielding sucks.

Hes garret anderson 2006+ at this point

I know Lackey is a complete dickbag, but if he's cheap, I wouldn't be mad if we traded for him. We need a starter. Weaver isn't as nails as he use to be, CJ is a ?mark, Skaggs and Santiago not ready to be trusted with a WS run. Richards and Shoemaker (and even he is a ? Mark) are the only rock solid bets we have on the mound. I mean I'd rather have Lester, but I wouldn't freak out over Lackey. But, I bet we wait til after the deadline for a starter.

Why do people still talk about the luxury tax as if it's a thing? If it really comes down to it, Arte, I'll pony up the $35 myself to see this team win a ring.

add six zeroes to the end of that $35 and he may take you up on it. Otherwise you can keep your bus fare.

Well, he is right about the first year of the tax. It is like 17% the first year, so if we are over by $2 million it would be about $350k. The issue is that that percentage goes up tremendously as repeat offenders. Unless of course I am mistaking it for the NBA luxury tax hit.

Well, he is right about the first year of the tax. It is like 17% the first year, so if we are over by $2 million it would be about $350k. The issue is that that percentage goes up tremendously as repeat offenders. Unless of course I am mistaking it for the NBA luxury tax hit.

I believe the tax is based on repeat offending in consecutive years.  So if you are over by $2 million in year one, and in year 2 you are under, then the tax resets.  

It's one of the biggest reasons why the Yankees are trying to get under the tax.  So that they can reset the penalties.

I believe the tax is based on repeat offending in consecutive years. So if you are over by $2 million in year one, and in year 2 you are under, then the tax resets.

It's one of the biggest reasons why the Yankees are trying to get under the tax. So that they can reset the penalties.

The Yankees don't really want to get under. Last off season they talked about it like they were going to slash payroll, then they went on to sign Beltran, McCann, DiceK2 electric bugaloo, and Elsbury.

but he keeps saying $350 not $350k

To me that makes no sense. Lackey is dirt cheap, kemp is old and real expensive. Lackey (IMO) has a ton more trade value than kemp right now. Teams can always use pitching, and a number 2/3 starter whos cheap and has playoff experience is a pretty decent commodity.

I guess if the dogs pay a huge chunk it could happen...I just dont think kemp counts as a big bat anymore. And his fielding sucks.

Hes garret anderson 2006+ at this point

you know he is hitting .282 with 10 homers with 44 rbi and .800 ops? that is not bad at all and he is trending up

i just don't see how much Josh is better than him being older than Kemp.

i think Dodgers will keep him

Hes trended up with a decent month snd a half. Ok, decent point. He 'may' end the year in the .280 high teens HR range.

That with pretty poor defense from now a corner outdield spot really isnt very good.

And hes still got 5 over 30s years left on that deal.

Hes a past his prime former power hitrer with poor outdield defense. Aka GA in the late years

Masterson traded to St Louis

File this one under "trying to find lightning in a bottle".

He's struggled in 2014, but was really solid in 2013.

Meantime, the A's are desperately in need of that one starter with RECENT post-season experience.

Kazmir hasn't had it since 2009.   Pretty much everyone else is new to it, aside from Gray's late 2013 season work.