• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Oakland's new starter Hammel hammered by O's

One of the A's new rotation guys from the Cubs, Hammel, made his second start for the A's tonight vs. Baltimore.

Hammel did not do well in his first start for the A's.

Today his line was 2 IP, 6 H, 5 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, Gave up 2 HR.

Shmardija (spelled wrong) has pitched fairly effectively but the second hurler of the duo, Hammel, does not have a quality start for the A's so far.

His first start was 5 innings and only 2 earned runs. Not great but they have the bullpen to get them through that most of the time. That day the pen also let some slip.

Hammel wont be lights out but I don't think they expect him to be. 6 innings and 3 earned runs is likely what they expect. Today he didn't do his job for them.

yeah -- prior post is correct -- first start was a loss but stats not that bad -- the trouble with the first start is that I think the two runs were scored in the first inning or so.

and as for Hammel's start vs. O's-- it was his former team so they knew what his pitches looked like and pitch mix.

as Vin Scully often stated on the Dogs broadcasts (back when you could get them) a catcher who caught a pitcher who was then traded to another team would say: "If I caught him, I can hit him"