• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Street Trade Poll

ABC

Street Trade Poll  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Like or dislike the trade

• Dislike
  2. 2. What number will he wear?

• 0-00
    • 1-20
    • 21-99
    • I'm not a judgemental puritan but...I get mad when people care about a player's number. I even get mad when the number selection poll is a joke.

I had to vote "dislike".

Generally good stuff, but has a history of inconsistency in various areas of his game.  You never know what you're going to get from him in any given year or month.  His WHIP, BAA, and even ERA fluctuate a bit. 

If they traded Frieri away for the same reasons, this trade doesn't make much sense given how much it cost. 

hustonstreet.gif

I always see the upside to every trade. And I think more trades work out have worked for us than not in recent years. Looking back, we won the Downs trade and the Greinke trade and the Callaspo trade.

I'd rethink the Callaspo part, as Will Smith is kicking a__ the past year and a half for KC and Milw.

I had to vote "dislike".

Generally good stuff, but has a history of inconsistency in various areas of his game. You never know what you're going to get from him in any given year or month. His WHIP, BAA, and even ERA fluctuate a bit.

If they traded Frieri away for the same reasons, this trade doesn't make much sense given how much it cost.

hustonstreet.gif

.....theres only one poor year there...and it was in colorado

Those numbers are pretty good

I dislike the fact that I have to pick a random number to vote in this poll. In my mind this poll is validated as it self-selects those who care about such things as the numbers players wear on their shirts.

Right now there are 60 votes in the like/dislike poll, and 59 in the number poll. If you need to vote in both the tallies don't reflect that.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or if you're really bitching about the number poll. If it helps, it was meant to be lighthearted. I thought it was obvious. And so what if anyone does care about a player's jersey number. 

I like the trade. Been around awhile, long enough to hear the bitching about Callaspo for Bulger and other such "can't miss" prospects being moved. Personally, I don't think we gave away anything more than average major leaguers. Unless any of them turn out to be all-star caliber, and considering the need right now, this trade is good.

I really liked Jason Bulger, but we were the clear losers of that trade. And we are with this one too.

I had to vote "dislike".

Generally good stuff, but has a history of inconsistency in various areas of his game.  You never know what you're going to get from him in any given year or month.  His WHIP, BAA, and even ERA fluctuate a bit. 

hustonstreet.gif

Okay, so how do you pitch half your games in Petco Park and still give up 12 HRs in 56.2 IP?

.....theres only one poor year there...and it was in colorado

Those numbers are pretty good

Look close.

Don't let his 2.70 ERA from last year fool you.  He gave up an astronomically high 12 homeruns in 56-2/3 innings.  He's lucky most of those were solo homeruns.  The year before and this year, his HR counts are very low again -- that's the inconsistency I'm talking about.  

I'm not saying Huston Street is a bad pitcher.  Not at all.  He just has these unexplainable bad streaks that come and go. 

Okay, so how do you pitch half your games in Petco Park and still give up 12 HRs in 56.2 IP?

haha, we posted the same thought at the same moment. 

What's worse is that 9 of those 12 HR's were at Petco.  He got really lucky that nobody was on base, otherwise his ERA would have been 4 or 5+.  I think he has a lot of consistency struggles that Frieri had, they're just hidden in his stats. 

What's worse is that 9 of those 12 HR's were at Petco.  He got really lucky that nobody was on base, otherwise his ERA would have been 4 or 5+.  I think he has a lot of consistency struggles that Frieri had, they're just hidden in his stats. 

Lucky? I'm pretty sure he was the reason why nobody was on base. This is why it's important to keep a low WHIP.

Lucky? I'm pretty sure he was the reason why nobody was on base. This is why it's important to keep a low WHIP.

That doesn't make sense.  He still had a good WHIP of 1.02 last year. 

If he's so good at preventing baserunners, he should have prevented homeruns just as well, and yet the opposite happened. 

Right now there are 60 votes in the like/dislike poll, and 59 in the number poll. If you need to vote in both the tallies don't reflect that.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or if you're really bitching about the number poll. If it helps, it was meant to be lighthearted. I thought it was obvious. And so what if anyone does care about a player's jersey number. 

Uh, settle down there cougar.

I couldn't vote for just the like/dislike poll - it said "You must cast your vote in each question of the poll." Don't know how someone slipped through the cracks.

His HR/9 outside of his Coors Field seasons has been pretty consistent outside of that one season.   That season seems to be more of an anomaly than it does a pattern of inconsistency.

I like the trade. Win now while the teams like yanks/red Sox are down. Worry bout the farm later.

Also..yes we gave them our best prospects...but it's not like our best prospects are crazy good compared to other prospects from other teams.

This is our chance! And we have a window of two years to do it.

Uh, settle down there cougar.

I couldn't vote for just the like/dislike poll - it said "You must cast your vote in each question of the poll." Don't know how someone slipped through the cracks.

Still bent out of shape about Streets' number? Get over it.

Well, you'd think 4 prospects would get you a SP but I guess the competition for Street was high and the Angels had to include those players in order to give the Padres the best deal. The one guy I really was bummed to see leaving the Angels is Rondon but hopefully they can find a new SS successor to Aybar. Our bullpen is one of the best now and that has me excited for the postseason.

That doesn't make sense.  He still had a good WHIP of 1.02 last year. 

If he's so good at preventing baserunners, he should have prevented homeruns just as well, and yet the opposite happened.

Show me any pitcher that can prevent homers.

Look, guys are going to get some hits off him. Looking at his trends, Street has had far more success than failure, and I think that's what matters most. He's a quality closer, something this team needed.

When I look at the same year, I see that his WHIP was still 1.02 and that he blew a whopping 2 saves in 35 chances. So I guess he was able to limit the damage when those home runs came?

It was still MUCH better than any of the other relievers the Angels have. People are just nitpicking now.