• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels Acquire Huston Street

Jake Peavy is awful. 

He really isn't but that's not the point.

Our rotation is filled with question marks:

Richards/ Skaggs: how will they hold up as the innings rack up

Shoemaker: is he even good

Santiago/Wilson: can they consistently throw strikes

Weaver: can he be an ace

Weaver and Richards are good and I love how they've been pitching and I hope CJ returns to form but I don't trust the other guys and there is 0 depth in the rotation if the innings do begin to rack up or if Shoemaker and Santiago continue to struggle 

Rondon has a higher ceiling than Lindsay from what I watched in Orem. I was never high on Lindsay.......but I have not seen him since he left rookie ball. It will be interesting to watch rondon's bb/k ratio. K's are way up this year and walks are down and that trend is bad for a guy who will never hit a home run.

Alvarez stinks but a guess we got an rp back, just not likely a future closer

He really isn't but that's not the point.

Our rotation is filled with question marks:

Richards/ Skaggs: how will they hold up as the innings rack up

Shoemaker: is he even good

Santiago/Wilson: can they consistently throw strikes

Weaver: can he be an ace

Weaver and Richards are good and I love how they've been pitching and I hope CJ returns to form but I don't trust the other guys and there is 0 depth in the rotation if the innings do begin to rack up or if Shoemaker and Santiago continue to struggle 

This is pretty much every team's rotation except an All-star team

Rondon has a higher ceiling than Lindsay from what I watched in Orem. I was never high on Lindsay.......but I have not seen him since he left rookie ball. It will be interesting to watch rondon's bb/k ratio. K's are way up this year and walks are down and that trend is bad for a guy who will never hit a home run.

Alvarez stinks but a guess we got an rp back, just not likely a future closer

The minor league reliever we got back sucks though.

Edited by jshep

Alvarez has the best bet to be something.

And soon. Closer type stuff. Excellent value.

Lindsey has good plate discipline but he's not even hitting .250 in a spacious Salt Lake Park and hitter friendly league.

In his first go around as a 22 year old, good for 4.7 years younger than the league average age. Good power and approach at the plate. Excellent value.

Rondon has zero power and is a big ? to me. Makes good contact, but so did Callaspo in High A.

True SS. Projects as a high-contact #2 hitter who sprays the ball to all fields. Very smooth and sure-handed fielder with a good arm. Batted .320+ as a 20 year old in the A+ league. Has not filled out physically. Excellent value.

Alvarez could be an injury away from TJ surgery (had elbow issues this season).

And Street can go down with shoulder soreness, suffer a right tricep strain, suffer a strain to the right shoulder, or left calf, or he could just struggle against the AL lineups altogether.

Screw anyone saying get out of here!

Let's see you stay off this board as long as I did, and then you can talk!!!!

Self-bans are stupid!

So are GMs who trade a great SS prospect and a great reliever prospect and a 2B prospect AND a 4th prospect for an overrated reliever who ain't Uehara and some scrub named Trevor Gott!

I completely agree that self bans are stupid, stop doing it.