• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels Acquire Huston Street

So I'm alone here...but when we make a deep playoff run this year thanks a to a fantastic bullpen anchored by Smith and Street...ya'll are gonna hate it because we gave up some AA relief pitcher prospect (RELIEF PITCHER PROSPECT IS THAT EVEN A THING?) a 2b prospect who would never get PT under Scioscia and something called Jose Rondon...who when I wikipedia...just shows a soccer player. Enjoy the playoffs this year which will be that much better with one of the best closers in the game! Great trade!

Word

Exaclty. It's not about the win now vs. prospects debate. I'm mad that they didn't get Street for Lindsey straight up, which would have been the fair value trade.

Alvarez is worth more than Street. Rondon is worth more than Street. With what we gave for Grienke, Frieri, Grilli, Thatcher, we should have gotten Price with this package.

Are you delusional? Everyone here as well as in MLB knew/knows the Angels didn't have the pieces to get a guy like Price. Street being compared to any player that hasn't been in a big league game before is stupid. You are not the only one here who is way over valuing our farm.

Honestly, I don't really follow minor league players anymore . I'm guessing 90% of those outraged here have never see these prospects play. Cal League stats do nothing for me. I've been thru decades of "top prospects" who sucked ass once they faced major leaguers.

Last I remember Amarista and Segura were supposed to take over for Kendrick and Aybar.

This trade helps is now. Did we overpay? We'll know that in the future. For now, I'm going to enjoy 2014.

Well said Lou.

A pen without lots of options is not what you want when Scioscia is the decision guy.

Catrorce needs a really deep and experienced pen to win, and now he has one.

he better get it done, because Dipoto has optioned the future for the present, and has given Scioscia what he needed.

It's up to The Big Dude to get it done now.

Let me fix this...Okay...Baseball Prospectus and Baseball America are ignorant about the value of our "prospects," you are not. Lindsay is the only prospect I give a shit about but we have so many MIF prospects so who cares. I mean did you all really think we would get a top 5 closer for like Robb Quinlan?

Lindsey*

I knew the price was going to be ridiculously high for Street. I've stated that days ago. You don't give up all your trade chips for a player whose value has peaked. And only pitches an inning. A couple times a week at the most.

I remember for a number of years during our playoff runs that if our starters could give us 6 decent innings, it was basically lights out for the 7,8 and 9th(Shields, Rodriguez).  I'm hoping with the recent trades that at least for the next couple of year the team will be back to this kind of play. 

Edited by CTAngels44

How I justify this trade.

Scioscia can have a much shorter leash on our starters come September/October. Instead of leaving CJ in to give up 7 runs in 4 2/3s we can get his ass out early and not overwork the pen too much. What was our biggest 2 strengths in 2002? The offense and the bullpen. Same goes for our 04-09 runs. We just traded for arguably the best closer of 2014. I'm cool with it.

Alvarez has the best bet to be something.

Lindsey has good plate discipline but he's not even hitting .250 in a spacious Salt Lake Park and hitter friendly league.

Rondon has zero power and is a big ? to me. Makes good contact, but so did Callaspo in High A.

Alvarez could be an injury away from TJ surgery (had elbow issues this season).

Three question marks. Three guys who could be the Brandon Wood's or Dallas McPherson's of the world -- if they're lucky.