• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels Acquire Huston Street

I have been a reader of this message board for many years.... I haven't posted much but I have always read. however I feel like I need to say the fact that these threads have been deleted and returned has been outrageous!  

You can ban me I don't care....  love a trade or hate a trade.... we all want this team to win and do well. Allow people to vent frustration... that's what being a fan is all about!

I'm indifferent to the trade myself....  I remember when we didn't want to give up Brandon Wood for Randy Johnson    Prospects are just that...prospects....  This was a bug price but that is because the Padres never had to trade Street. He is under control for next year as well.  

Any my two cents.....

Of course it is. EVERY questionable move is someone else's fault. Unless the move starts looking good then it's time to give the man an extension.

it makes no.sense whatsoever. He had picked up two quality guys, while giving up very little and being conservative with the farm. Now all of a sudden, lets give up everything for the "name" guy?

it doesn't.add up

how about now?

Still comfortable with the pen but 3 (maybe 4) solid prospects gone. I would've preferred to see them traded for at least a starter so we could move Santiago to the pen. Street has never been an elite reliever and never will be. He's solid but nowhere near worth giving up multiple of our top prospects for

Edited by SigBaby

Well, no chance they add a starter at the deadline. They gave up everything for a reliever lol

only starter I can see them somehow getting is Cliff Lee, and they'd have to take on his entire contract because they don't have anything in the minors to offer

Edited by bloodbrother

It's a sick pen, and if Street performs like Street and stays healthy I'm stoked right now. But yeah, it's gonna sting down the road I think. Sure feels like an overpay, but if we win, is it still an overpay? Not like the Pads had to trade him, and I'm sure other teams were interested and the price was going to be steep no matter what. Stoked for now, bummed for the future.

Is it true Street also has an option as well? So we get 1.5 yrs plus an option?

All this is really just stupid guys.  Whether it was taken off or not.  Who really gives a flying duck.  Trade happened.  Let's see what the outcome is.  Are we really going to complain if we win a World Series this year?  Geez.

If so then you can't complain the next five years when the Angels have shit for depth up the middle and in the bullpen.

It's a sick pen, and if Street performs like Street and stays healthy I'm stoked right now. But yeah, it's gonna sting down the road I think. Sure feels like an overpay, but if we win, is it still an overpay? Not like the Pads had to trade him, and I'm sure other teams were interested and the price was going to be steep no matter what. Stoked for now, bummed for the future.

Is it true Street also has an option as well? So we get 1.5 yrs plus an option?

Option is for next year. So it's 2 months or so guaranteed, plus that team option.

Edited by jshep

It's my first post on this site ( I've been a frequent viewer for many years however) and the commentary was not bad at all. Yes people voiced their displeasure over the trade but who the hell cares. We're on this site to discuss our opinions.

On the trade, why are so many people passed about trading Linsdey? I think this is a vote of confidence that the angels are happy with Howie and possibly might resign him the following year. I mean 8-9 million for an above average 2nd basemen isn't bad. I know people on this board hate on Howie but he is a top 10 second baseman in this league without a doubt.

Well, no chance they add a starter at the deadline. They gave up everything for a reliever lol

only starter I can see them somehow getting is Cliff Lee, and they'd have to take on his entire contract because they don't have anything in the minors to offer

What makes you think we were going to get both? We didn't have much of a farm to begin with. We need a BP arm more than SP so we got one.

I'm not sure what the hell is going on in the forum nor in the Angels Front Office. 

But anyways, the Angels massively overpaid for Street. Rondon is the real deal. I've moved on from Lindsey being moved. Then we gave up a future closer who ALREADY has better STUFF than Street, just needs to work on his command, and we didn't get ONE of San Diego's PLETHORA of SP prospects.

This deal is trash and I haven't been this upset since the Angels traded for Vernon Wells. I'm still going to the game tomorrow to see Felix vs. Richards, but this is incredibly short-sighted.

I agree

what ultimatum?

This is what Arte does. Happened with Reagan's and the Wells trade, happens every offseason with every free agent we go after. Not a big leap to think that's what happened here. His rule should be to prevent dumb trades from those with little job security, not encourage them. Really thought we had turned the corner on the mentality that we are just one guy away from winning it all. The playoffs are a crapshoot. Just get there and see what happens.