• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Honesty Poll That Isn't a Poll nor a Pole

mp170.6

I rooted for Texas in the 2010 and 2011 playoffs.

Moreso 2010, because I liked Vlad, Bengie, Oliver, NolRy, Washington, Hamilton, and Cruz. And my whole lifetime (except that one year in the 90s), they had been the loveable losers, with Seattle and Oakland the enemies. And they had the longest WS shutout factor.

I think I just missed the Kinsler thing that pisses everyone off. That's the only reason I can come up with for people hating them.

I would also root for the Red Sox any day against the Dodgers, Yankees, and Giants.

I never really paid attention to the Kinsler thing. Players talk smack all the time.

I hate the Rangers because, well, they're the TEXAS Rangers. I can't stand that state and I wish Rick Perry had made good on his promise to secede from the Union.

Of course, I did live there for as long as I could stand it--8 months. It sucks that the only playoff game that I have been to was during the ALDS in 1996 between the Rangers & Yankees.

As for the Angels, I once thought Daryl Sconiers and Bobby Rose would be future stars. I was at the combined Langston/Witt no-hitter in 1990. I kept score, and I remember Langston walking 6 in 6 innings in a game the Halos won 1-0...against Randy Johnson (Langston and Johnson had been traded for each other in 1989 when the Montreal Expos were trying to win the NL East).

I didn't mind the angel wings of the mid 90s, although I preferred the "CA" logo and unis of the early 90s. My favorite unis/logos were during the late 60s/early 70s when they had the caps with the halo around the top of the cap. I like that red is the primary color, as it is my favorite color, although I'd love to see more blue accents (maybe the blue caps with the red bill should be used all the time).

I had no problem with Disney owning the Angels and I don't understand what everyone's problem with it was or why other teams or the media felt it was a way to "knock" our team as Mickey Mouse just because of it. I would not prefer the periwinkle uniforms if I had my choice, but the stink people make about them is overboard.

Disney is an awesome company, they renovated the stadium beautifully and uniquely and there's several things I enjoyed they did.

-Moved the bullpen in left so everyone can see if a pitcher is warming up.

-Busting out the upper deck seats from left to center, definitely gave a great new vibe and made the stadium feel more "open"

-I love the rock formation in center, nothing else like it in the majors and very original, the somewhat hidden "A" was a nice touch

-Loved the 100 foot fountain and fireworks that go off when a homerun was hit, had nothing like that in Angel stadium before, very "California-esque"

-They had a "run to first base" game where it would time your run against Darin Erstads with a light along the basepath that showed how fast you'd have to run to keep up with him

-I enjoy grabbing a beer and being able to walk an entire lap around the stadium concourse, seeing the field from a bunch of different views, without having to go up or down a level

And look how well the renovations have held up the past 16 years. Disney was also a part of our World Series, no shame in that.

And last, I love that they put Anaheim in the name of the team and on road uni's so that all the commentators had to say Anaheim, it put the city on the spot much better than California Angels. Anaheim Angels was a nice short name that had a ring to it. I don't give a flying f*** if nobody "knows" where Anaheim is, point is you've heard of it. The Los Angeles name is completely stupid and asshattedly bogus, and I don't blame people for mocking our team for the inaccurate and ridiculously long team name.

Late 90's or early 2000's, I was at the game in an aisle seat when the opposing team hit a big HR that ended up costing the Angels the game. 

I stood up quickly and put my hands to my mouth to "boo" the other team.  One of the peanut guys (an older gentleman) was coming down the stairs and fell backwards trying to avoid my left elbow that came out of nowhere.  He was very gracious about the whole thing but I could tell he was in pain.  I wanted to follow him wherever to make sure he was okay, but one of the ushers who witnessed it from a distance was trying to get me ejected.  He thought I had been drinking and did that on purpose.  The peanut guy walked away by himself and I never saw him again. 

I can't go to the stadium without feeling guilty about that day.  I have no idea if he went right back to work, went to the hospital, broke any bones, or ever worked another day in his life. 

Edited by mp170.6