• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Malaysian Airlines Plane shot down in Ukraine

From what I have heard/read I have little doubt pro-Russian rebels in eastern Ukraine shot down the plane. Reports say the rebels just recently got advanced surface-to-air missiles from Russia, they are reporting the rebels were even bragging about having those missiles, they just shot down a Ukraine cargo the other day, they shot down a military jet, and on top of all that at the same time the MH17 was shot down, the rebels was taking claim at shooting at a 'Ukraine cargo jet.'

I remember in the Clancy novel "Red Storm Rising" the KGB staged a terrorist attack on Russia and blamed it on West Germany.  That was such a great book.

In "Debt of Honor" he wrote about a commercial jet crashing into the Capitol Building during a joint session of congress. This was pre-911 btw.

That was 26 years ago. Technology has changed. There's a protocol for identifying targets. There's really no logical reason for the Ukrainian military to target a plane traveling at that altitude and in that direction. There was no chance it was Russian or pro-separatist.

That was 26 years ago. Technology has changed. There's a protocol for identifying targets. There's really no logical reason for the Ukrainian military to target a plane traveling at that altitude and in that direction. There was no chance it was Russian or pro-separatist.

I imagine the their current technology is going to be rather comparable to the state of the art equipment the US warships were using in the 1980s. Especially since the US civilian technology hasn't even caught up it many areas. Let alone the fact that surely in both cases the IFF was squawking civilian.

Chelsey "Sully" Sullenberger is on CBS right now for some reason. He's apparently an expert since he landed a plane in a river once.

I want to see that dude with the 3 inch thick mustache on every channel simultaneously like last time 

What's weird is that Obama and Putin talked this morning, with Putin initiating the call.  And no one is saying what was said.

I find what's weird is that it's been 3 friggen hours and nobody has any answer yet...obviously there must be some sort of conspiracy!

Of course they aren't saying what was said, how often do they give details off a phone calls between foreign leaders? Unless of course you ask the NSA.

I imagine the their current technology is going to be rather comparable to the state of the art equipment the US warships were using in the 1980s. Especially since the US civilian technology hasn't even caught up it many areas. Let alone the fact that surely in both cases the IFF was squawking civilian.

This jet had traveled all the way across Ukraine. Anything heading east should have been assumed to be friendly, especially squawking civilian. A trained SAM crew would know this. Yahoos with new toys..... 

This jet had traveled all the way across Ukraine. Anything heading east should have been assumed to be friendly, especially squawking civilian. A trained SAM crew would know this. Yahoos with new toys..... 

Of course it shouldn't have happened but you can never rule out incompetence even if unlikely.

Interesting comment from a guy on cnn. He said any plane he's ever seen shot down by a missile Leaves a smoke trail from the time of impact until the plane hits the ground.

There's no smoke trail for this plane, only an explosion where it hit the ground.

Possibility of another cause? You have to wonder.

Interesting comment from a guy on cnn. He said any plane he's ever seen shot down by a missile Leaves a smoke trail from the time of impact until the plane hits the ground.

There's no smoke trail for this plane, only an explosion where it hit the ground.

Possibility of another cause? You have to wonder.

That's what I was thinking. There's a big plume of smoke coming from the ground but no trails in the sky.

If Putin's plane was the target, then it was Ukraine that did this.

“I can say that Putin’s plane and the Malaysian Boeing intersected at the same point and the same echelon. That was close to Warsaw on 330-m echelon at the height of 10,100 meters. The presidential jet was there at 16:21 Moscow time and the Malaysian aircraft - 15:44 Moscow time,”

http://rt.com/news/173672-malaysia-plane-crash-putin/

“I can say that Putin’s plane and the Malaysian Boeing intersected at the same point and the same echelon. That was close to Warsaw on 330-m echelon at the height of 10,100 meters. The presidential jet was there at 16:21 Moscow time and the Malaysian aircraft - 15:44 Moscow time,”

That would be an interesting twist.

I was waiting for you to come in and somehow blame the west.  You didn't dissapoint.