• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Bring 'Big Game' John Lackey home

I am not advocating bringing Lackey back. I don't know how much he could really help us. However never felt the hatred for Lackey upon his departure was fair. Yes he was a dough to his wife. I won't argue that. He did praise Boston fans for being more passionate. And guess what? He is right they are more passionate.

That said I believe Lackey has been in the league 15 years. Doing those 15 years he has two WS championships. He was the winner pitcher in the decisive game twice. He has pitched in the playoffs 7 times out of 15. I find it hard to believe a guy who has won as much of him to be a club house cancer.

More douchey =/= more passionate.

They have just as many fairweather fans as anyone

Good points. You argument is similar to mine when i say we shouldn't make any trade that involves our 25 man roster. You don't want to screw up something that has performed so well.

I wouldn't be bothered if we added Lackey if we got him as a steal with minimal prospects but that isn't reality.

What I am saying is that the team has good chemistry...genuinely seems to like one another and get along...roles have been defined...hiarchies established...they're on a roll. Lackey, for better or worse, is a polarizing figure that may or may not mess with that chemistry. We got a good mix right now. In other words, to quote "Crash" Davis, don't mess with a winning streak. Lackey has proven himself to be a good pitcher when healthy but he's also not going to blend in the background...he'll demand to be heard. Personally, I don't like the mix.

Yeah he his attitude certainly f'd the team when he 21st originally with the Angels. Just like what he did with Boston last year.

i think i need a translator for this, storm. you kinda went thunder on us.

Lackey already gave the Angels one extension. And i don't blame anyone for leaving for more money. 99.9% of people would. Outside a born so cal boy Weaver, there aren't many who would.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2010/05/_normal_0_false_false.php

"Shut Up Lackey" is the title of the article above because John was whining about how the cheap the Angels were and that's why he left.

And when Weaver signed his 85 million extention, he made these statements:

"I couldn't see myself anywhere else but here," "Obviously you could go to the East coast, but who wants that"...

When asked that he could have gotten "Sabathia" money if he went to free agency, Weaver so proudly answers: "How much more do you possibly need? I never play this game for money purposes."

Lackey can kiss our ***

I have been to a few games at fenway. I don't recall people showing up late. Leaving early. And needing a beach ball to be entertained. I am not saying there isn't passionate angel fans. This proves that is a fallacy. However the average angel is very casual.

More douchey =/= more passionate.

They have just as many fairweather fans as anyone

thanks for your input, since you want to be a dick about it. you're the one who went full douchebag on the "WE" for no reason. "WE don't win anything. the ANGELS do" no shit einstein, it's a turn of phrase or an expression of speach. stop acting like you don't know the meaning, and reply to the actual point of the thread which is that john lackey is a horse. 

Cool...

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2010/05/_normal_0_false_false.php

"Shut Up Lackey" is the title of the article above because John was whining about how the cheap the Angels were and that's why he left.

And when Weaver signed his 85 million extention, he made these statements:

"I couldn't see myself anywhere else but here," "Obviously you could go to the East coast, but who wants that"...

When asked that he could have gotten "Sabathia" money if he went to free agency, Weaver so proudly answers: "How much more do you possibly need? I never play this game for money purposes."

Lackey can kiss our ***

First of all, any article from the OC weekly should be instantly used to wipe your ass (iff its the paper version obviously). The sports stories even more so.

Ill say this, there was more to the lackey negotiations that never made it to mainstream news. Im sure everyone remembers reagins' and the front offices rep back then for offers, the 'take it or leave it' thing.

Weaver is awesome for doing what he did. Hes pretty much alone in doing it. Sure others have done the same, but theyre an extremeley small minority.

Cant fault lackey for chasinf the.....'bucks'....

(Stayed within the rules, tank)

I don't take the OC Weekly seriously, and I never said I did, but they made a good point about Lackey in that article....

If money is the reason Lackey is on the pitching mound, good for him and the Bo Sux, they can have each other.

I would much rather have someone on our mound that understands his role...play for the win, not the dollar sign.  Does one person need 85 million to do that?  Doesn't hurt, that's for sure.  But knowing Weaver could have gotten a BOAT LOAD more and stayed with the Angels, I would much rather have more players like that, and not money hungry hounds like Slackey....just sayin.'

And let's not forget how Slackey commented after signing with Bo Sux  how he was ALWAYS a big fan of the Bo Sux team and couldn't wait to get over there.  He said that after those agonizing losses we had to endure against the Bo Sux in the playoffs for so many years.   No respect.

First of all, any article from the OC weekly should be instantly used to wipe your ass (iff its the paper version obviously). The sports stories even more so.

Ill say this, there was more to the lackey negotiations that never made it to mainstream news. Im sure everyone remembers reagins' and the front offices rep back then for offers, the 'take it or leave it' thing.

Weaver is awesome for doing what he did. Hes pretty much alone in doing it. Sure others have done the same, but theyre an extremeley small minority.

Cant fault lackey for chasinf the.....'bucks'....

(Stayed within the rules, tank)

I doubt more than 3% of fans dislike Lackey for signing for more money.  That is his right.  Most fans dislike him because of his digs at the team and the fans after he left.  Not to mention his douche quotient as he yelled and mad dogged teammates.