• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Tigers have the worst fanbase in baseball

tdawg87

The result map of ESPN's poll on the best player in baseball was pretty hilarious.

I wish I knew how to post the map here, but I'll just leave a link.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/poll/conversation/_/id/4411007

One of the comments on that poll:

Mike Trout dreams every night he was on Miguel Cabrera's level. Or Kershaw. Or ( and I know I'm going to get criticism for this one ) Yoenis Cespedes.

dwomn8Q.gif

Edited by Season Over

I used to go to Oakland all the time to see the Angels play.  You could walk right up and get tickets wherever.  I think the tarp flipped me off one time. 

Damn tarps, hate it when they get on a roll.  LOL

Has this happened every time you have visited Oakland, or was this one isolated incident? It's unfortunate that that happened, but if we are going to use the "drunken idiots" example for the "worst fanbase" then I will list all 30 teams in this thread.

Also, we have DW who posts here and he is intelligent and fun to talk baseball with. So there is at least 1 intelligent Oakland fan out there. That is 1 more than Detroit.

Sorry, I didn't see this until now. Having an iPad can be annoying.

Anyways, thanks for the compliment.

Personally, I think you saying its not the typical/cliche' reasoning of not judging a few fans as a whole is basically exactly what you're doing...just you're judging it on 50 and not just 3-5!

So, how do you do you judge a fan base more accurately?

I don't look at message boards or twitter...I look in the stands.

Like I've said plenty of times before..it's the Giants. That ballpark looks great, the venue is fantastic, but the actual baseball game going on is all secondary. Don't believe me? Just look in the stands. Stupid panda/giraffe hats all over the place. That place is used like a hangout to 80 percent of those people. If they had to play next year at Candlestick...the Giants would lose at least 20,000 fans per game, guaranteed.

It's either the Giants or whatever team Lebron is playing for, but that's just me.

Dawg, my friend, you have outdone yourself. I know exactly one Tigers fan, but she is insufferable when the team is winning and invisible when they aren't. I don't know if it has to do with the lifelong stigma of being identified with the dilapidated shithole on the shores of Lake Michigan which housed a once-proud industry, or if it is something deeper.

Actually, it's a dilapidated shithole on the shores of Lake St Clair. Lake Michigan is across the state from Detroit.

No. Miggy was a good choice for the MVP the last two years. I think most Angels fans will admit this.

To the average Tigers fan, Trout is overrated and on steroids and is nowhere near the talent Miggy is because Miggy has built a career around hitting homers, driving in runs, and beating his wife.

And being drunk.

I think I stated earlier in the thread but I'll say it again.

I know exactly 1 Tigers fan who grew up in Detroit. 

Not only is he one the  best men I know, but he's also one of my favorite people to talk baseball with. 

He also loves Trout. You're all touched aren't you?  ^_^

I think I stated earlier in the thread but I'll say it again.

I know exactly 1 Tigers fan who grew up in Detroit. 

Not only is he one the  best men I know, but he's also one of my favorite people to talk baseball with. 

He also loves Trout. You're all touched aren't you?  ^_^

Then he isn't really a Tigers fan.

Don't you read threads? Or follow me on twitter? geez.

• 3 months later...

I used to go to A's games all the time while in college -- these were the Bash Brothers era, three time WS participant A's.... so their fans were pretty cocky, even downright arrogant at times but whatever they had the bragging rights.   I'd wear my Angels gear, I'd be loud, I caught the sort of crap you would expect to catch but it never turned ugly, if anything the more I responded in kind the mellower the situation got -- they seemed to enjoy the back and forth..  Maybe they have changed, maybe it was just because I was a college guy having fun with them but I found A's fans to be pretty entertaining.   Giants fans on the other hand were asshats.  

I did, too, during that same era. My sister's company had season tickets so she went all the time. I sat in the expensive seats and the cheap seats (outfield bleachers). The A's fans were very mellow and the hecklers (usually old black guys) were hysterical. I never witnessed anything ugly at an A's game or a Warriors game. Maybe people confuse their fan base with the Raiders.

As for Giants fans, though, yes they are jerks. They are not only passionate (which is good) but can be rude and angry about it. Giants attract assclowns as fans in the same way the Dodgers do down here. A's fanbase is more akin to the Angels fanbase for a lot of the same reasons.