• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Restaurant Watches Old Surveillance And Shares Shocking Results On Craigslist

There are girls I know that literally have panic attacks when their phone is lost, when they don't have something to look down at or socialize with, it's like an internal twitch they've developed because they've become accustom to having the stupid screens at their beck and call all the time. IMO it's terrible that they're THAT obsessed and I can't imagine being like that. Who knows what this is doing to their real world social skills and ability to just look up at the world and enjoy the things going on around them and appreciate it.

The phone obsessive culture is not going away anytime soon, I get that, it's something we're just going to have to deal with.

But it should not take priority over the people that are ACTUALLY AROUND YOU. Things that are going on RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.

I wonder if over time (30-40 years) people are ever going to just get fed up with them and put the damn things away.

There are girls I know that literally have panic attacks when their phone is lost, when they don't have something to look down at or socialize with, it's like an internal twitch they've developed because they've become accustom to having the stupid screens at their beck and call all the time. IMO it's terrible that they're THAT obsessed and I can't imagine being like that. Who knows what this is doing to their real world social skills and ability to just look up at the world and enjoy the things going on around them and appreciate it.

The phone obsessive culture is not going away anytime soon, I get that, it's something we're just going to have to deal with.

But it should not take priority over the people that are ACTUALLY AROUND YOU. Things that are going on RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.

I wonder if over time (30-40 years) people are ever going to just get fed up with them and put the damn things away.

its the security blanket for the new age. It makes it really easy to ignore/escape real life

I don't take my phone out until after our order has been taken. Then my wife barks at me and I put it away. Havem never taken a picture of my food or the group I'm with, and don't understand why everyone else does. It's a photo-hobsessed society these days, and that's not a good thing.

I don't take my phone out until after our order has been taken. Then my wife barks at me and I put it away. Havem never taken a picture of my food or the group I'm with, and don't understand why everyone else does. It's a photo-hobsessed society these days, and that's not a good thing.

I have used my phone to kill time until my food arrives, but only after reviewing the menu and ordering. I have never felt compelled to photograph the food (I have friends on FB who seem to share visuals of practically every meal they eat away from the house), and only on one occasion when we had friends along who we hadn't seen in ages did we take pictures of anyone at the table. Never did we involve any of the wait staff in this.

This one hits home.  Not my home, but some of the people I go out with.  

Here is a surprise to you.  These people have no manners.  I know a few friends, that will bury themselves in their phone.  Facebook updates are more important than face to face friend updates.  

The only time I consider taking out a phone is due to a conversation that I have at dinner that needs clarification.  Whether it's a trivia nonsense or results to the game or results to the horse races.  

I know people that will take pictures of their food, for god knows what reason.  Then after they finish their meal, they will play with the leftovers.  They are a ball at buffets, because if they don't like what they eat, they will make an extra mess with the food they don't eat just to make a point I guess.  When someone comes to clean a plate from the desk, they are preoccupied on their phone and will not even look up, and give the wave of the hand to the peasants that serve them.  

And no matter what comment you make to them, unless it shows up on their facebook page, they are oblivious to what you say.  

Reading that article, I don't buy it. The numbers don't sound real. Better than 50% request a group photo be taken by the wait staff? Same for the # of people that photo their food? I call BS.

Any waiters on here care to chime in as to the validity of those numbers?

Reading that article, I don't buy it. The numbers don't sound real. Better than 50% request a group photo be taken by the wait staff? Same for the # of people that photo their food? I call BS.

Any waiters on here care to chime in as to the validity of those numbers?

Remember this is a NYC touron destination.

I thought it would be about the serving staff on their phone, but dig the passive-aggressive approach to calling out bad reviewers.

My phone is always on the table because of business, but face down if a business meeting and face up if it's casual. I'm on my phone a bit, but not to the point it's a distraction and inconsiderate of other people's time.....I'll always know my order, when to pay, etc. If anything, I'm on my phone because I'm very quick with all of my orders, etc. (if anyone has ever eaten with me I order super fast, eat super fast, etc. and it stems from an old sales job that if you were eating you weren't making any money) and it's a time killer.

If I ever take a pic of food it's maybe to send it to someone that recommended the restaraunt or a dish and is more like an email attachment than the subtle brag on social media (I don't even have Instagram, Pintrest, etc.). Although, it takes two seconds to take a pic and upload it to a check-in or whatever, so I don't see the big deal.

People in general are on their phones too much, but this was a nice jab at people that poorly review a food establishment.

its the security blanket for the new age. It makes it really easy to ignore/escape real life

Every day at work I get on an elevator and everyone in it is playing with their phone even though there is zero reception until they hit the main floors.

I thought it would be about the serving staff on their phone, but dig the passive-aggressive approach to calling out bad reviewers.

My phone is always on the table because of business, but face down if a business meeting and face up if it's casual. I'm on my phone a bit, but not to the point it's a distraction and inconsiderate of other people's time.....I'll always know my order, when to pay, etc. If anything, I'm on my phone because I'm very quick with all of my orders, etc. (if anyone has ever eaten with me I order super fast, eat super fast, etc. and it stems from an old sales job that if you were eating you weren't making any money) and it's a time killer.

If I ever take a pic of food it's maybe to send it to someone that recommended the restaraunt or a dish and is more like an email attachment than the subtle brag on social media (I don't even have Instagram, Pintrest, etc.). Although, it takes two seconds to take a pic and upload it to a check-in or whatever, so I don't see the big deal.

People in general are on their phones too much, but this was a nice jab at people that poorly review a food establishment.

These are New Yorkers, so they are douches to start with.

I thought it would be about the serving staff on their phone...

This was my first thought - that they would discover that the wait staff were killing time on their iPhones and Androids while the customers waited.

I have serious doubts about some of their figures. I'm sure that all of this goes on, but I question the degree that they are reporting. It sounds like they are trying to blame slow service on their customers, when that isn't the whole problem. They hired a firm who analyzed their operation and they were told that their staff was inadequately trained and could not handle the volume - which they just dismissed out of hand and looked for an external cause.

Even if the customers showed the waiter something on their phones, that doesn't take five minutes. It also does not take three minutes to photograph food - and even if it did, if the food is already on the table, this doesn't slow down service.

I call BS on more than half the people in the restaurant asking the wait staff to take a group photo. I have been to many places heavily frequented by tourists and have never seen anything close to this.

Bottom line: Our service sucks, so will you stop slowing us down? It's all your fault.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

These numbers may be a bit inflated, but I don't doubt that the reasons for them are true. There are people I go out to eat with about once a year, full grown adults, and each time we order it's like they have no idea what to do. It takes about 15 minutes until we get our order taken, and it's not because of the wait staff,