• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

A's Acquire Samardzija and Hammel

im not sure this helps them...
i mean they already had the second best team ERA in baseball, best in AL.. best as starters...   all 4 primary starters already under 4.0 ERAs... league adjusted i dont see how this really helps them much unless you assume hes a some post season stud which is totally not proven.
And what does it tell the guys they have?  that the org has no faith in them in the post ?

I mean they gave up one of the top guys in the game for what seems to be very little real gain to me.

The deal helps them come playoff time against the likes of the Tigers, etc. Instead of having to use Mills/Milone/Chavez/Pomeranz(3 of these guys), they'll have Samardzija and Hammel. It deepens their rotation with more legitimate options. Mills and Milone are soft tossing lefties without quality stuff, Chavez has only had 2 MLB starts prior to this year and Pomeranz is an unproven young arm

What am I supposed to throw out some WAR statistic or strikeout numbers? hahah He's an ace. They gave up a lot to get him, so we'll see how it works out if they don't win it all quickly, or extend him.

It would be good if you could support your assertion with anything at all, other than belligerence and repetition.

im not sure this helps them...

i mean they already had the second best team ERA in baseball, best in AL.. best as starters...   all 4 primary starters already under 4.0 ERAs... league adjusted i dont see how this really helps them much unless you assume hes a some post season stud which is totally not proven.

And what does it tell the guys they have?  that the org has no faith in them in the post ?

I mean they gave up one of the top guys in the game for what seems to be very little real gain to me.

this helps them tremendously.  Yes their starters have done alright thus far, but they have a few guys in there that aren't sure things and could be due for some serious regression.  Well they did, before this trade.

also, who really cares what it "tells the guys."   If they have the mentality of children they wouldn't have even made it to MLB, let alone succeed.