• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

A's Acquire Samardzija and Hammel

And HOF pitcher Mordecai Three Finger Brown. He got the nickname because he lost part of his index finger in a farm-machinery accident in his youth

"That old paw served me pretty well in its time. It gave me a firmer grip on the ball, so I could spin it over the hump. It gave me a greater dip."

brb have to put in a call to Butcher

I wonder if Pujols can help us understand this lingo.  

I don't doubt the A's strength as a team. They are clearly the best team in the majors at 5th is moment. But since when does four game lead on July 5th makes it almost as certainty to win the division?

Nice job by the cubs to turn Hammel into minor league talent.

Kris Bryant is a 3bman btw. Baez is probably destined for 2b. So a top SS fits their system well. They've also go Vallbuena and Alcantara. When the time is right, they can easily flip a couple of these guys for a front line starter. In the mean time, they can see which ones pan out.

I have never been a huge Samardzija fan but he'll probably pitch like Walter Johnson for the next few months.

I think if you are the A's, this is the kind of deal that makes sense right now. You are the best team in the majors and very likely to be playoff bound. Probably gonna win the division. I am not a fan of trades that make you a potential playoff contender but this one just solidifies them for the playoffs.

It will be extra sweet as well if we can somehow take the division and they lose a one game playoff. :)

I don't doubt the A's strength as a team. They are clearly the best team in the majors at 5th is moment. But since when does four game lead on July 5th makes it almost as certainty to win the division?

I'd put the A's at 60%, The halos at 30%, and the M's at 10%.

Hey, Billy Beane pulls the trigger on a deal that strengthens the A's rotation NOW -- the A's need to win NOW.

I think this definitely strengthens them and Samardzija is signed through 2015 - chances are Hammel does not get signed by the A's for 2015 and is just a rental.

A's gave up some good prospects but get rotation guys NOW and Beane is not done dealing -- he  is now going to turn around and trade one or two of the A's current rotation guys for a second baseman......

I was up in the Bay area (SF) this week and the A's lease issue was all over the news -- the Oakland City Council does not like the deal that the separate Coliseum board approved.........MLB stepped in and Selig finally made a decision on this -- and informed the City that MLB would approve an immediate move (possibly on a temporary basis) if the City Council did not approve the lease terms reachd with the Oakland Coliseum board (like the LA Coliseum Board -- the Oakland Coliseum board is separate from the Oakland City council -- it has two Oakland city council members on it but is a regional board with other county and other city officials on it)........A's need to win NOW to be in the driver's seat up there - indications are Oakland City Council is still going to mess with the lease terms........

Could this have something to do with Selig's decision to let them set themselves up for a move?

Do you know the way to San Jose?

Hey, Billy Beane pulls the trigger on a deal that strengthens the A's rotation NOW -- the A's need to win NOW.

I think this definitely strengthens them and Samardzija is signed through 2015 - chances are Hammel does not get signed by the A's for 2015 and is just a rental.

A's gave up some good prospects but get rotation guys NOW and Beane is not done dealing -- he  is now going to turn around and trade one or two of the A's current rotation guys for a second baseman......

I was up in the Bay area (SF) this week and the A's lease issue was all over the news -- the Oakland City Council does not like the deal that the separate Coliseum board approved.........MLB stepped in and Selig finally made a decision on this -- and informed the City that MLB would approve an immediate move (possibly on a temporary basis) if the City Council did not approve the lease terms reachd with the Oakland Coliseum board (like the LA Coliseum Board -- the Oakland Coliseum board is separate from the Oakland City council -- it has two Oakland city council members on it but is a regional board with other county and other city officials on it)........A's need to win NOW to be in the driver's seat up there - indications are Oakland City Council is still going to mess with the lease terms........

I think it's all tied together.........

The Oakland City Council may have actually done the A's a favor by acting like it was going to REJECT the 10 year lease deal the A's struck with the Coliseum Board -- because even though the City was messing with the terms and back-tracking on already negotiated deal (that two of their own councii members knew all about and approved), the City's conduct got Bud Selig off his duff to FINALLY make a decision (to allow the A's to move) which Selig having made it, cannot easily take it back -- so it should give the A's the green light to move to San Jose........heck, Moffett Field is just sitting there with plenty of space to build a baseball only park and then there are other venues.......

A's and Billy Beane are going for it NOW -- realizing that it was a Giants playoff appearance (against the A's back when) that really got the new ballpark built for the Giants at China Basin......

The Giants went from playing in cold, windy Candlestick drawing about 14,000 a game to Pac Bell (now AT&T) Park where they either have constant sold out games or at least average close to 40,000 a game........I was just there for two games this week (Cardinals-Giants) -- AT&T has to be among the best, if not the best, ballpark/ venue in MLB.........

Not sure if the A's can duplicate that success -- but going from that geez awful Davis Mountain football stadium to a baseball only park in San Jose can only be a major upgrade.