• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

A's Acquire Samardzija and Hammel

One other thought. The Cubs now have a potential infield of Baez at 2B (he probably wasn't going to stick at SS), Russell at SS (Castro seems like trade bait now), and Kris Bryant at 3B with Albert Almora and Jorge Soler in their OF. They have the makings of a really scary offensive team in the next couple of years, not to mention their developing rotation.

One other thought. The Cubs now have a potential infield of Baez at 2B (he probably wasn't going to stick at SS), Russell at SS (Castro seems like trade bait now), and Kris Bryant at 3B with Albert Almora and Jorge Soler in their OF. They have the makings of a really scary offensive team in the next couple of years, not to mention their developing rotation.

...but i thought theo sucks and boston was an abberation?

What happens with Alcantara though? He's no slouch himself and is probably a top 30 prospect right now. Add in they just drafted another bat 4th overall in Kyle Schwarber

IMO they'll trade Castro(to free themselves of his contract so they can allocate the money into some pitching) and will probably deal one of their big prospects for more pitching help

Theo's been building them up over the last few years and has now built up their farm system to easily the best in baseball. Next step is putting it all together for the MLB club

he was a star for notre dame. he's used to playing in front of more than 84,000 people per game. i think he's likely to be used to pressure already.

that's true, but i think there's a bit more individual pressure when you're alone on the mound in a playoff race than when you are catching 6 passes during an entire game

that's true, but i think there's a bit more individual pressure when you're alone on the mound in a playoff race than when you are catching 6 passes during an entire game

Does the 'bit more individual pressure' equate about 40,000 fans? If so, he'll be alright.

I assume Chavez and Pomeranz go to the pen and Francis gets a DFA.

Francis already got dfa'd (for O'Flaherty)

Mills will get sent down/dfa'd

Milone will probably get sent down until they find someone for Johnson (who I feel bad for..lots of nickle/diming).

Once they do, get Milone back...make Chavez a reliever again.

Of course, I'm not totally sold they're keeping Hammel and might deal him for a 2nd baseman/shortstop.

he was a star for notre dame. he's used to playing in front of more than 84,000 people per game. i think he's likely to be used to pressure already.

he was performing a completely different skill and didn't control the ball.  I could actually argue that experience puts him at a disadvantage.  

lol cmon doc

cmon what?  how is being a wide receiver in front of huge college crowds the same as being a major league pitcher in a playoff run?  

He might be fine but to think he will because of his college football experience is a reach.  It's different.  Anyone who has been on both a football field and baseball diamond will tell you.  The adrenaline and emotion and how you use it is quite different for each.   

cmon what?  how is being a wide receiver in front of huge college crowds the same as being a major league pitcher in a playoff run?  

He might be fine but to think he will because of his college football experience is a reach.  It's different.  Anyone who has been on both a football field and baseball diamond will tell you.  The adrenaline and emotion and how you use it is quite different for each.   

Is it because it's a division rival?

Is it because it's a division rival?

huh?  

He makes them better than they were but he hasn't performed like an ace to date.  His peripherals don't support that.  

He may come to the A's and the playoff atmosphere may light a fire under his ass, or he may wilt, or he may stay the same.  His previous football experience may or may not push him in one direction or the other relative to this.  

I am not predicting either way.  Could he turn into an ace for the next few months and going forward?  Sure.  He's got the stuff for it.  Is he one right now?  Nope.  

Me wanting him to suck has no bearing on what he's actually gonna do.  My guess is that he's gonna do quite well for them, and as I mentioned, I think it was a smart trade for a playoff bound team.  

huh?  

He makes them better than they were but he hasn't performed like an ace to date.  His peripherals don't support that.  

He may come to the A's and the playoff atmosphere may light a fire under his ass, or he may wilt, or he may stay the same.  His previous football experience may or may not push him in one direction or the other relative to this.  

I am not predicting either way.  Could he turn into an ace for the next few months and going forward?  Sure.  He's got the stuff for it.  Is he one right now?  Nope.  

Me wanting him to suck has no bearing on what he's actually gonna do.  My guess is that he's gonna do quite well for them, and as I mentioned, I think it was a smart trade for a playoff bound team.  

He's currently an ace, and he will be one moving forward.