• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Ebola "out of control" in West Africa/Texas Maybe Cleveland?

Sometimes I think as regular folk, we think that just because someone has an MD attatched to their name they must be smart. I've seen enough stuff to know that some of them are dumb as rocks and others are so arrogant they stopped being even average doctors.

Some MDs are ridiculously stubborn.

However, it's not just the MD here. The RN should have been sounding the alarm like crazy.

Not only that, they actually let him out of the hospital. 

Now they're saying that up to 100 people may have been exposed, including five children who attended four different schools. At least the kids are in quarantine at the moment.

Oh, and the virus can take up to 21 days to produce symptoms. Meanwhile people are exposing other people, who are exposing even more people, etc etc.

Edited by fan_since79

Now they're saying that up to 100 people may have been exposed, including five children who attended four different schools. At least the kids are in quarantine at the moment.

Oh, and the virus can take up to 21 days to produce symptoms. Meanwhile people are exposing other people, who are exposing even more people.

I think you are not contagious until you have symptoms.

I think you are not contagious until you have symptoms.

i think there's a huge matter of containment here that needs to be emphasized and then re-emphasized, and then over-emphasized. people you suspect of or know have the virus need to be removed from the general population until they are properly treated. 

what if the guy who was released suddenly starts showing symptoms? at that point, how many people have been exposed? this could escalate very, very quickly.

So the guy had been in contact with sick people in Liberia then jumps a plane to the U.S. which obviously has better medical capabilities than Liberia. He then lies at least 3 times and says he had no contact with any victims in order to get on the plane.

Sounds like he had a plan and enough money to get here for medical attention.

Don, that was awfully stupid.

People are reacting as though this is going to turn into some sort of modern day plague here, when it just hasn't done that kind of damage. This is a story being way over-sensationalized in the media. We're going to be fine. I wouldn't be shocked if 10, 20, or 100 people here are eventually infected, but the mortality rate will almost certainly be lower than in West Africa, and it will never pose a threat comparable to much more common ailments.

Edited by Don

Another thing that's awfully stupid is there's a significant ILLEGAL community from Liberia in and around Dallas. How many more are going to come here now? The motivation is strong, given that our medical facilities and doctors are infinitely better than over there. Who's going to stop them, given the administration's re-emphasis today that "no travel restrictions" are in place?

"Come one, come all", which is basically our current immigration policy, is working out great, don't you agree? Get sick in Liberia and bring it over here!

Edited by fan_since79

On your left, I present you with 3,500 zebras.

On your right, gaze upon 35,000 grapes.

THINK, people!

Sorry, I just think we should be more concerned about cancer as a threat to us and our loved ones than Ebola. Obviously, one is contagious and the other is not, but we're freaking out over something that hasn't really had a big impact, and is pretty treatable with a good health care infrastructure.

Another thing that's awfully stupid is there's a significant ILLEGAL community from Liberia in and around Dallas. How many more are going to come here now? The motivation is strong, given that our medical facilities and doctors are infinitely better than over there. Who's going to stop them, given the administration's re-emphasis today that "no travel restrictions" are in place?

"Come one, come all", which is basically our current immigration policy, is working out great, don't you agree? Get sick in Liberia and bring it over here!

I can see people from that area of the world overstaying their visas here, thus making them illegal, but getting from Liberia to here illegally would be pretty damn difficult.

Sorry, I just think we should be more concerned about cancer as a threat to us and our loved ones than Ebola. Obviously, one is contagious and the other is not, but we're freaking out over something that hasn't really had a big impact, and is pretty treatable with a good health care infrastructure.

What makes you think we're not, generally speaking? Are ridiculous amounts of money not spent trying to combat cancer?