• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Coco Crisp overrules the umpire

I can't stand how Oakland continues to win games like this!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/score-4-9th-beat-marlins-023047406--mlb.html

MIAMI (AP) -- With the score tied in the ninth inning, Coco Crisp slid across home plate on a close play, rose and signaled safe as umpire Marty Foster indicated out.

A 3 1/2-minute replay review determined Foster was wrong and Crisp was right.

Thanks to the ruling reversal, Crisp scored the first of four runs in the inning off closer Steve Cishek, and the Oakland Athletics bounced back after blowing a four-run lead to beat the Miami Marlins 9-5 on Friday night.

Nothing. It's just the whole picture. They get the calls, they get the clutch hits, they get the comebacks, they get the insanely good relief pitching, etc, etc.

For the Angels, it seems like a struggle much of the time. For the A's, it's more like a walk in the park.

Time to close the thread, I guess. My attempt at some light humor obviously fell short.

Come on guys.

We know how this ends.  Year in and out, Oakland racks up the wins during the regular season.  Then, crap the bed in the postseason with quick exits.

With any luck the wildcard team will kick their @ss in the first round :)

Come on guys.

We know how this ends.  Year in and out, Oakland racks up the wins during the regular season.  Then, crap the bed in the postseason with quick exits.

If you're going by just the past two years....why are you even waiting to see the conclusion for this season?

Is it me or is there an overwhelming opinion on here that we would lose a one game playoff? I know anything can happen in a one game playoff, I also realize we have a suspect BP, right now, but we have a veteran ball club that can do a lot of things right. Obviously you'd like to avoid the one game format, but I would be confident either way.

Is it me or is there an overwhelming opinion on here that we would lose a one game playoff? I know anything can happen in a one game playoff, I also realize we have a suspect BP, right now, but we have a veteran ball club that can do a lot of things right. Obviously you'd like to avoid the one game format, but I would be confident either way.

I put our odds at 50/50

This reminds me of 2002 and we know how that ended

We lost game 163 that season.

You responded directly to my statement of how the 2002 season ended by saying we lost game 163. So either you just respond with irrelevant info or you don't know that we won the World Series that year.

Fan since 2003?

Edited by Lou