• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks 2014-15 Thread

HaloCory22

Please let this happen....I'm so tired of watching shoot-outs aka skills competition.

Overtime experiment in AHL draws interest from NHL

What I've always wondered is why is OT only 5 minutes?  If they really didn't want a tie, or it going to a shootout, shouldn't it be a full period of 4 on 4?  

IMO, 3 on 3 is just as gimicky as a shootout.  It'll just reward teams that are the fastest.  Which is fine for the Ducks.  

I do like Olczyk's idea though.  Penalty kill situation vs penalty kill situation.  

IMO it should just be a full 4 on 4 period but the reason they don't do that is because it's a long season and you are adding a lot of minutes to the players bodies.

They say that, but I don't really buy it. There's just not that much hitting in 4 on 4 sudden death. I know fatigue drains a person, but I don't believe it has a lingering effect.

Heatley on waivers.  Well, that didn't work out how it was envisioned.

Have to say Bourque has been very effective and Etem looks good right now.  Just always worry with Etem that he will regress, he isn't exactly a model of consistency.

My guess is that this means Perry is about to be activated.

What am I missing?  OT is already 4 on 4 sudden death.  Do you mean 3 on 3?

Nah, you mentioned something earlier regarding a full 4 on 4 period, and how it wouldn't work out.

And deepdrive responded with..

They say that, but I don't really buy it. There's just not that much hitting in 4 on 4 sudden death. I know fatigue drains a person, but I don't believe it has a lingering effect.

^ I just don’t see this working either.

But I’m all for increasing OT to 7 mins of 4 on 4, and then a shootout.

The AHL rules for this season which the NHL is using as an experiment.

• Full playing strength will be 4-on-4 until the first whistle following three minutes of play (4:00 remaining), at which time full strength will be reduced to 3-on-3 for the duration of the overtime period.
  • If the game is still tied following overtime, a winner will be determined by a three-player shootout.

http://theahl.com/ahl-board-approves-rules-changes-p192792

I finally got that sweater I was talking about earlier in the thread. A Perry home sweater. Definitely the most comfortable jersey out of all the sports. Fiancé made me wait until Christmas for it.

I also got $150 worth of stub hub gift cards from people for xmas. I will definitely be using them on some tickets. I think the 1/7 game against NYR.

Ducks being investigated for a practice that Getz hosted during the Holiday break.

According to the Ducks', none of their coaches influenced Getz to host it. He paid for the ice time out of his own pocket and hired a coach for the day.

here is a link.

NHL probing Ducks' holiday practice arranged by Ryan Getzlaf

Wouldn't surprise me if it was Getzlaf and Perry mainly.