• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks 2014-15 Thread

HaloCory22

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Hawks played into the ducks style tonight. I think they wanted to be physical and they were. Maybe catching the ducks off guard.

Also ducks d men have been aggressive all playoffs all the time. Pinching in on every opportunity to chip in on offense I think they were caught off guard on the saad goal.

Lastly Freddie has let some softies by the last couple games. He's gotta be nails game 7.

Good luck Guys bring your heart meds and your aed's / defibrillators

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Hawks played into the ducks style tonight. I think they wanted to be physical and they were. Maybe catching the ducks off guard.

Also ducks d men have been aggressive all playoffs all the time. Pinching in on every opportunity to chip in on offense I think they were caught off guard on the saad goal.

Lastly Freddie has let some softies by the last couple games. He's gotta be nails game 7.

Good luck Guys bring your heart meds and your aed's / defibrillators

I really didn't think Freddie did a bad job.  We'll see when the highlits come out.  But it seemed like Chicago got all their goals inside the dots, and usually unimpeded.  They are going to look soft at that range.

Glad I stayed away from here during that blowup. It would've been ugly lol. This team is so damn disappointing. Close to blowing a 3-2 lead and losing Game 7 at home for the 3rd straight year lol. Getzlaf and Perry were absolute trash tonight. Stoner, Vatanen, Beauch, and Hampus all shit. Nobody played with any intensity until the 3rd. It is what it is though. I'm banning myself from Game 7. I refuse to be there again for another potential Game 7 massacre. Hoping for the best but we'll see.

Bruce isn't going anywhere. No other options out there. Babcock is gone. Bylsma in Buffalo. Who are we going to bring in? Torts? Simply no options right now. If we would've lost to Calgary I could see it but we technically have improved from last season.. Obviously is it tough to see so much potential from the team at points in the game and just can't put together a full 60 minute effort. Can Bruce or another coach really control that though?

Its not a surprise we're going 7.  Just gotta hope this team is made of the stuff that it'll take to put Chicago away, we mostly did not see that "stuff" tonight.  We've shown for long stretches that we can contain the Blackhawks offense.  This team needs to play an aggressive forchecking style in order to succeed.  Hopefully they come out firing on all cylinders on Saturday night, it would a horribly brutal loss to swallow, especially a 3rd year in a row.

Edited by UndertheHalo

I'm glad that QuinlansMinion has managed to extend the nonsensical posts he makes about baseball into hockey too. We're five wins away from winning the Stanley Cup for f**ks sake.

Oh look its the nimwit that says Kershaw is the best player in baseball.  Nice to see you again.

Anyways, this team needs a shakeup if they blow another 3-2 series lead, this time with Kesler.  This isnt to say that were going to lose but if it did happen, its abundantly clear that this team cant get over that hurdle.  I dont think it gets any easier next year.  

Boudreau shouldn't be let go if we lose to Chi on Saturday.  Only 2 teams go to the Stanley Cup in any given season.  That means every year good teams fall short.  It doesn't mean that it wasn't a successful season.  Our team is still young and if we fall short this year I believe we will be in the mix for the next few years still. 

Who doesn't? This team's history hasn't given us any reason to have a good feeling. 

And for once I agree with QM. If they lose Game 7 Boudreau needs to go. Too much talent for this kind of crap every single year. 

I don't.  We are going to game 5 1st period the Blackhawks for 60 minutes on Saturday.  Getzlaf is going to shit all over Towes face.  

Edit- I may still be drunk from last night.

Edited by halobob

Who doesn't? This team's history hasn't given us any reason to have a good feeling. 

And for once I agree with QM. If they lose Game 7 Boudreau needs to go. Too much talent for this kind of crap every single year. 

Completely disagree. Boudreau has earned one more year just for making it to Game 7 of the WCF. This team is set to succeed over the next 5-10 years. We have one of the best GMs in the league. This team doesn't have a window closing on them. I expect the Ducks to continually get into the playoffs. If they have an early exit next year, then maybe you look at another coach. But Boudreau has this team in a different mindset this entire playoffs. And it has shown in the way they played. That was the first regulation loss this team has suffered in the playoffs. That's quite a feat.

As for Andersen, I'd start him but the first softie he gives up, I'd look to Gibby.

Boudreau should be let go not because he took the team to Game 7 of the WCF, but because, should we lose, he will have taken the team to three straight blown 3-2 leads and Game 7 losses at home. Also, I disagree with the different mindset. They inexplicably didn't bother showing up last night, which is exactly what we've seen in years past. They crumble in big games and when it happens every year it's on the coach. And yes, we do have the best GM in the league and a loaded roster, which makes it all the more disappointing that this keeps happening. 

Completely disagree. Boudreau has earned one more year just for making it to Game 7 of the WCF. This team is set to succeed over the next 5-10 years. We have one of the best GMs in the league. This team doesn't have a window closing on them. I expect the Ducks to continually get into the playoffs. If they have an early exit next year, then maybe you look at another coach. But Boudreau has this team in a different mindset this entire playoffs. And it has shown in the way they played. That was the first regulation loss this team has suffered in the playoffs. That's quite a feat.

As for Andersen, I'd start him but the first softie he gives up, I'd look to Gibby.

I somewhat disagree with this. Sure, we have a stable of young talent in the system but most of the stars with All-Star potential are all Defenseman. Ritchie is the only forward prospect with that type of potential and even he isn't projected to be a Getzlaf/Perry caliber player. Obviously there is free agency and trades that we can't take into effect yet but I do think our peek is closing. These next 2 seasons will be our best chances. The Twins aren't getting any younger even though the rest of the team is.