• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks 2014-15 Thread

HaloCory22

This team.. I hate them so much. Holy hell. Glad we got the win but it should not have even gotten to this point. Just wow.

How could you hate them?  IMO, this team is such a perfect team.  It's so built to be a dynasty.  Even if they lose this series.  I would hold my head high as a ducks fan.  Disappointed.  Yes.  Hate.  No.

How could you hate them?  IMO, this team is such a perfect team.  It's so built to be a dynasty.  Even if they lose this series.  I would hold my head high as a ducks fan.  Disappointed.  Yes.  Hate.  No.

Hate as in the anxiety factor hah. Obviously I love them but AHH. Can't make it easy on themselves.

Holy crap, I'm an emotional wreck under that. To say we dodged a bullet would be rather underselling it. But it's in the past now, it's 3-2 and it may as well be like none of that ever happened apart from the fact we got the win.

You'd kill to wrap it up in six. Up 3-2 again it's a little hard not to look back to the LA series last year. Just please, please wrap it up!

Jesus, what a roller coaster. They came out in the 2nd period playing way too safe and soft. They were playing not to give up the lead! They got to play to win the game.

Beauchemin has been HORRIBLE this series. He looks gassed. I think its time to slide Wis in there and see what he can do.

Freddie gave up 2 horrible softies. The game tying goal....Jesus, I thought that was going to do us in. Awesome to see them come out with some fire in OT and end it quickly. Kesler was a boss out there tonight. Hopefully he brings it back to Chicago. I do not want to see them come back to Anaheim for a game 7. I don't know if I can mentally handle that. 

Wiz has to play game 6 doesn't he? As horrible as Beauch has been we all know he's not getting scratched. But I'm all aboard the Wiz for Stoner bandwagon.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the lines. I thought Fleischmann was really good early but that changed later on. We shouldn't be breaking up that Kessler line again though. I appreciate the intent of what BB tried to do by spreading the scoring power but we need to be keeping that unit together. They've been huge.

need wiz in there for more than just beauch too, we need to liven things up a bit with a dman who can slap the shit out of the puck from the point. they know our game, let's mix it up game 6 and ****ing do it. 

A recap of my thoughts yesterday:

Going into the game I thought the Ducks were going to dominate the Blackhawks.  Sure enough, they do exactly that to start the game.  I remember looking up at the clock and half the first period had gone by and the Blackhawks were still without a shot on goal.  Then 15 minutes had gone by and still without a shot on goal!  Sure enough the Ducks end the 1st period with a 3-0 lead and a 11-3 shot advantage.  Complete domination.  I'm elated during intermission just thinking okay Ducks come out strong in the second right away and don't give them a chance.  Sure enough Freddie gives up an unreal softy to start the second period.  The Blackhawks carried the play for most of the second period, but still as the period was winding down the Ducks had a 2 goal lead.  I'm thinking, just get to the 3rd with a two goal lead and we will be fine.  Sure enough, Seabrook beats Freddie on not quite a soft goal but a puck that he will stop more often than not with under 30 seconds to go in the period.  Shit.  How are the Blackhawks back in the game.  I stew for the first few minutes of intermission but then think to myself, "Well, its 3-2 Ducks after 2 periods.  The teams are tied at 16 shots a piece.  If you told me that before the game I would be pretty damn stoked."  

The Ducks came out better in the third period than the second with both teams getting their chances.  Finally with a little over 5 minutes left to play Maroon finishes a beautiful tic tac toe play and puts the game away.  I can breathe again!  We are going to go to the Stanley Cup!  What a phenomenal day this has been!  150 seconds left to play, Crawford heads to the bench.  Let's find that empty net is all I can think.  Under 2 minutes to play, "CLINK".  ****IN Towes.  Ok, we have a game again.  It's okay though, just no score for 2 minutes and we will be fine.  FREDDIE WHAT THE ****!  HOW IN THE HELL???  Blackhawks fans around me are celebrating wildly.  I sink into my chair not believing what I just witnessed.  The Ducks come out and play the best period of hockey I have ever seen them play and lead 3-0.  Somehow it is now 4-4 and the game is headed to overtime.  

Ducks better wake the **** up before they are Clippered.

This was all I could think about for all of the intermission.  Are both socal teams that made the playoffs this year going to just absolutely give away a series?  We're Vlad, GA, and Teemutrout really right?  Is this just the same old Ducks team?  I can't take a Ducks loss here.  It would just be too painful.  No way they could comeback from a loss like this.  They absolutely must win in overtime, but how?  I felt deflated, every Ducks fan in the crowd and at home felt deflated.  How on earth could the Ducks come out and win in OT after giving away this game?  Can Freddie even stop the 1st shot he faces?  

No.  Instead of feeling deflated and dwelling on how they gave Chicago a chance, THEY GOT MAD.  They were determined that it was their time!  Then boom, right out of intermission, less than a minute into overtime.  Kessler and Bels catch Chicago on a bad change, Kessler shoots and Belesky puts the rebound in the wide open net!  PANDAMONIUM at the Honda Center!  DUCKS WIN DUCKS WIN!  As I get into the car, the feeling I feel most, a sense of relief.  A relief that the Ducks didn't break my heart they way they had each of the previous 2 years at home.  A relief that we now have a free roll in Chicago in game 6 (a game I think the Ducks will win).  A relief that no matter what we get at least one more game at the Honda Center this year.  I'll close out my story with this: WE WANT THE CUP!

Who would have thunk it?  And no, not the title of the article.  What was written further along.

Ducks back up goalie Frederik Andersen

Ratings update

Contrary to conventional wisdom, TV ratings for this round are up in Southern California.

Through the first four games, ratings are up 7.7% — locally — over last year's Kings-Blackhawks Western Conference finals, according to NBC/Nielsen. They are also up 12% from 2013, which also involved the Kings and Chicago.

Specifically, Saturday night's Game 4 had a 3.2 rating in Los Angeles.

But among other things in the article.  I love this quote from Kessler.

Kesler said some of the responsibility on the second Toews goal should be shared.

"Freddie's been solid for us all year," he said. "He's a very calm goalie and he played well tonight. Obviously, that one short side one, he'd probably like to have back. But we've got to get the puck out for him.

"That's not his fault. That's us not making plays."

Nice recap, Bob.

The true test will be tomorrow and/or Saturday. Will we blow a 3-2 lead for the 3rd straight year? I pray to all the Gods that this is done tomorrow night. I can't take another game 7 at home. I'm banning myself from the game if it happens. I'll leave the damn state if I have to.