• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks 2014-15 Thread

HaloCory22

They did play much better than last 2 periods, but I didn't feel like the Ducks were in any danger. I think the Ducks' have this series more in hand than they did against Winnipeg. I am happy we got Calgary as I thought it would be a cake walk to the conference final. I fully expect the Ducks to close this out in minimum 5. 

I don't want to be too confident, though. One game at a time 

Ducks are in full control right now. Andersen was a beast. Ducks didn't push as hard in the 2nd and most of the 3rd. Glad Hampus came through with that goal. So pumped for Freddie. The fans were ruthless tonight with their chants. Our section started a "We want Hiller" chant and we're right behind the Calgary bench. So damn funny. Cool story, sat next to fellow AW member Gavin tonight. That was random and funny. Got to discuss the failure that is the Angels during intermission. Good times!

Ducks are in full control right now. Andersen was a beast. Ducks didn't push as hard in the 2nd and most of the 3rd. Glad Hampus came through with that goal. So pumped for Freddie. The fans were ruthless tonight with their chants. Our section started a "We want Hiller" chant and we're right behind the Calgary bench. So damn funny. Cool story, sat next to fellow AW member Gavin tonight. That was random and funny. Got to discuss the failure that is the Angels during intermission. Good times!

That was awesome! Long time no see, dude. Game was a ton of fun. That first period was insane. That might have been the best 10 minute stretch of hockey I've seen the Ducks play this season (I didn't see game 1, I was out of the country). They let their foot off of the gas in the second and third, but the Flames never really took it to the Ducks.

One thing I did notice is that the Flames seemed to be frustrated with the Ducks physicality. They were taking runs at the Ducks on almost a shift by shift basis.

Overall another solid game. If it wasn't for Ramo standing in his head in the first it could've easily been another blowout. Can't wait for game three!

Ducks keep on rolling and it is so fun to watch!  Hopefully they can finish this off in 5 or less games and rest up for when the real playoffs start next round.  I don't think the Ducks are getting a true playoff hockey opponent until the next round with both Calgary and Winnipeg not having much playoff experience on their teams.  

Yeah, I think we can beat them. I don't know if we will (Too close. I think it will go at least 6). But, I'm confident that we can.

And, I think our defense will surprise a lot of people on how well they do against them.

I havent watched all their games, but Chicago doesnt seem to be defending too well themselves, and their goalie situation has not been nearly as stable.  

They are a pretty deep team, but I think our 2nd line can shut down or match their top line, which means Getz and Perry can do their thing.  Thats the beauty of having Kesler this season as well as a highly improved Silf.  We will not take them lightly, and with a chance to beat an elite team like that you have to think every Duck will be licking their chops to shut some of these hockey analysts up.  Im fairly certain not a single expert would pick the Ducks to beat the Hawks.  

Ducks should come out strong again. Just gotta stomp on their throats early and take the Saddledome out of the game. Even with the Flames playing their best and the Ducks at a very mediocre pace in the 2nd/3rd periods in Game 2 they still barely threatened us with anything serious. 2-1 Ducks win tonight.

I just want them to take 1 of the next 2 games so I can go to Game 5.

BTW does anyone have any idea what time the game on Mother's Day would be?

Last Sunday's NHL games started at 3PM PST 6PM PST and I believe 530PM PST.  If Rangers/Caps goes to game 6 I expect them to be the 3PM PST start and Ducks to be the 6pm start if game 5 is necessary.  If Ducks is the only game to be played that day could start anytime from 3-6 I would think.

Edited by halobob

I wanted to say something after the last game, but Despres has been solid as f*ck.

Dude has been a constant force pushing the puck forward through the neutral zone and covers both ends of the ice.

just found out gaudreau is from carneys point, a good 15 mins from me. also that he went to gloucester catholic high school, a few people I work with probably know him personally. 

pretty cool.