• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks 2014-15 Thread

HaloCory22

IMO, I wouldn't trade Anderson.  Or Gibson.  Just too much of a dropoff between Anderson, Gibson, and whatever else the Ducks have in the system.  And both Anderson and Gibson have not shown to be the most durable.  Plus both Anderson and Gibson aren't RFA till 2016.  Unless I got blown away with an offer, I'd say no.  

So what would you do if they both continue playing as well as they have? Split starts?

So what would you do if they both continue playing as well as they have? Split starts?

Yup.  Fresh for the playoffs, with both being available in case one gets injured.  I thought it was weird what they were doing earlier in the season, sending gibson down and having Anderson handle the entire load.  It's ok for the season.  But playoffs is a whole another season.  And having both not worn out for the playoffs can only be a good thing.

Yup.  Fresh for the playoffs, with both being available in case one gets injured.  I thought it was weird what they were doing earlier in the season, sending gibson down and having Anderson handle the entire load.  It's ok for the season.  But playoffs is a whole another season.  And having both not worn out for the playoffs can only be a good thing.

And what if that's not in their plans and they send Gibson down?

For the record, I'm ok with a platoon but only if it's 50/50 split. Gibson has a higher upside and I would like to see him get the starts to reach it.

Gibby is the goalie of the future. At this time, I am okay with the split. I think in the off-season is a perfect time to start shopping Andersen if Gibson holds up throughout the rest of this season. 

The asking price for Petry right now is a 2nd rounder. You gotta at least offer it up. He's not the best option available, but it'll work if nothing else falls into place. 

Gibby is the goalie of the future. At this time, I am okay with the split. I think in the off-season is a perfect time to start shopping Andersen if Gibson holds up throughout the rest of this season. 

I agree, what I am not ok with though is Gibson sent down again or he becomes a backup. Hopefully that doesn't happen.