• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Oakland's new 10 year Lease

LAAMike

The $30 parking spaces don't help much either.

Got to pay for Al Davis' ballpark improvements tho...

A's game parking is only $20, which is pretty in line with a lot of other parks. They don't have to pay the city-imposed tax like the Raiders and Warriors do for their games. And with one of the easiest public transit options offered by any park it makes sense for the parking to be $20 and not down at $10. Exiting that stadium after a big night can be a disaster. Streets fill up. The price of parking should be set to encourage people to choose other alternatives.

A's game parking is only $20, which is pretty in line with a lot of other parks. They don't have to pay the city-imposed tax like the Raiders and Warriors do for their games. And with one of the easiest public transit options offered by any park it makes sense for the parking to be $20 and not down at $10. Exiting that stadium after a big night can be a disaster. Streets fill up. The price of parking should be set to encourage people to choose other alternatives.

Ok thanks. I usually BART in, so I was going off the signs which must be including the tax.

I find it amazing that the A's continue to win each year and consistently so when they play is what has to be now, the worst ballpark in MLB.

the ballparks condemns them to being a small market team as they are unable to get decent attendance at that park -- even with a winning team.

this lease extension is sort of sad because I am sure they had ZERO leverage with the City of Oakland which is not in the position to give much in the way of concessions to the team --

this sort of tells me the ownership has pretty much given up on getting a decent ballpark to play in and it's another ten years in that dump.

yet the A's field competitive team each year. Amazing.

So reading that article.  Does that mean that the A's can leave Oakland?  From what I'm reading, the terms are 10 years/$15.5 million.  But they can leave at any time if they give 2 years notice, which is a given since it probably would take 2 years to build a new stadium.  And their only penalty would be to pay the remaining amount.  But Selig ok'd them leaving.  

Also sounds like it has to go through their city council still, and that is no sure thing.

Sounds to me, and was explained on Comcast Bay Area,  that they can leave any time, with a 2 year notice...but they are on the hook for the entire amount of the lease..which would pretty much be an add-on to the cost of a new stadium.

I don't think this needs any more approval from the City Council..think it as done deal.

A’s lease not a done deal yet

Remember that 10-year O.co Coliseum lease announced last week by the A’s and Major League Baseball?  The one that could complicate the efforts to keep the Raiders in town? 

It’s not official yet.

It’s not official because Alameda County and Oakland officials are at odds over whether to proceed with it.  Oakland’s four representatives to the Joint Powers Authority that oversees the venue skipped a Friday meeting intended to vote on the lease, preventing its adoption.

Just like the A's, the officials in charge fail to show up when it really counts.

That sounds like a step up for them.

For all the grief the Coliseum gets, I thought it was a nice park when I caught a Red Sox - A's game a couple years back. Mount Davis obviously looms large in the outfield, but it's not like there is a Dodger Stadium type view if it wasn't there. Wide concourses at the ground level and decent food and beer options. Then again, I think Pac Bell Park is the most overrated park there is. And I really liked the Metrodome, so what do I know.