• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

A horse is a horse, of course......

An irritated Lackey began a slow implosion that would end his start. He gave up a ground-ball single to Morrison that he seemed to feel should have been caught by his shifted defense, angrily yelling in the direction of second baseman Dustin Pedroia and Stephen Drew when they failed to come up with it.

On the 13th pitch of the marathon at-bat, Ackley hit a hard ground ball to first base that was gloved by Mike Napoli and fired to second for an out. It might have been a double play. But for some reason, Lackey didn’t cover first base.

Good job, asshat.

Edited by Eric Notti

On the 13th pitch of the marathon at-bat, Ackley hit a hard ground ball to first base that was gloved by Mike Napoli and fired to second for an out. It might have been a double play. But for some reason, Lackey didn’t cover first base.

"Naps fault!" -- John Lackey.

Lackey did not give a direct answer when asked whether he should have covered first base.

“I mean, yeah, I could have gone over there for sure,” he said. “Yeah, whatever. I’ll leave that one alone.”

Yeah ... whatever. 

I have a sense of humor. I think it's hilarious when people claim his Boston career a disaster less than a year he was the winning pitcher in the deciding game of the world series. Let me ask you guys this. How many here would trade Lackeys antics the last four years for a WS title?

Storm, please try and acquire a sense of humor.

I have a sense of humor. I think it's hilarious when people claim his Boston career a disaster less than a year he was the winning pitcher in the deciding game of the world series. Let me ask you guys this. How many here would trade Lackeys antics the last four years for a WS title?

This question beyond logic.  1.  Nobody said his Boston career was a disaster.  2.  Your proposal insinuates that Boston doesn't win it all without Lackey.  3.  Your proposed trade cannot actually happen.  4.  This thread isn't about winning and losing, its about Lackey being an epic douchebag which cannot be denied.

5.  He still looks like Mr. Ed.

If we don't have to put up with Lackey? Look, Storm, the guy is a douche nozzle and he didn't win a World Series on his own. His previous 3 seasons with Boston were a bust, so no, I would not want the douche nozzle back on the team yelling at Aybar and Kendrick because they can't range far enough to clean up all of his mistakes. If you want to glorify his one game 7 with the Angels, great. That was long ago, he is long since took his shitty attitude elsewhere, good riddance.

And we haven't won shut since that Duchebag left. I would rather have the Douchebag and playoff appearances than having good guys who don't win. Lackey is vilified on this board and I am not saying some of it has merit. But he shouldn't be hated as much as he is.

This question beyond logic. 1. Nobody said his Boston career was a disaster. 2. Your proposal insinuates that Boston doesn't win it all without Lackey. 3. Your proposed trade cannot actually happen. 4. This thread isn't about winning and losing, its about Lackey being an epic douchebag which cannot be denied.

5. He still looks like Mr. Ed.

And we haven't won shut since that Duchebag left. I would rather have the Douchebag and playoff appearances than having good guys who don't win. Lackey is vilified on this board and I am not saying some of it has merit. But he shouldn't be hated as much as he is.

Yeah, I'm so glad won us all those championships for us from 2003-2009.  Can't believe we let him go.

So, just so I am getting this correct, his absence is the reason the Angels haven't made the playoffs since 2009 and not the universally acknowledged shitty BP, God-awful farm, injuries, etc?  We had a rotation at one point that consisted of Weaver, Greinke, Wilson, Haren, and Santana...his presence was not needed.