• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

LA Kings Thread '14-'15

nando714

The Kings for some reason are just an average regular season team. These last few years have shown they just don't look like a stanley cup contender until the playoffs start and then they turn to beast mode. I have no complaints about any of that unless they play too mediocre during the regular season and endanger themselves from missing the playoffs.

man, they looked crappy again last night. passing is sloppy, shots are taken from really bad angles, and whoever they play against on the road looks like the '85 oilers.

honestly, they're starting to look like the washington generals on the road. 

I have never, eeever before seen the Kings score THREE late goals in a 1 1/2 min time span.

Nashville has been one of the best in the NHL so far, which makes the comeback remarkable.

At least they got an unexpected point.

Defense is a concern now, without Regehr and Voynov. This season's trade deadline acq will likely need to be a blueliner.

great comeback vs. Nashville.......shades of the Frenzy on Figueroa.......

sad to see the Kings lose it 18 seconds into over-time on sort of a turn over cheapy goal that got by Jones.

Thursday's game vs. NY Rangers showed the Kings in opposite form -- strong start - 2-0 zip -- NO FINISH. NO POINTS.

Ouch.

Ugliest game of year still has to be that third period meltdown in St. Louis.

Blame part of the inconsistency on teams being primed every night to beat the SC champs.

Blame part of it on celebration overload.

Blame part of it on Voynov allegedly deciding to treat women like punching dummies, and leaving the defense short handed all season.

Whatever it is, at least they are still in post- season range.

Speaking of Voynov, it all gets back to "Whatever happened to the right to a speedy trial?" For so many years now, the alleged speedy trial takes months and even up to a year to start.

Blame part of the inconsistency on teams being primed every night to beat the SC champs.

Blame part of it on celebration overload.

Blame part of it on Voynov allegedly deciding to treat women like punching dummies, and leaving the defense short handed all season.

Whatever it is, at least they are still in post- season range.

Speaking of Voynov, it all gets back to "Whatever happened to the right to a speedy trial?" For so many years now, the alleged speedy trial takes months and even up to a year to start.

You still have that right. It's the defense that chooses not to exercise it.

yeah, there's a hole on defense that's for sure.

tonight we fall behind 3-zip REAL EARLY and then fight back to take a 4 to 3 lead only to have the game go to OT and we lose in a shoot out.

This home stand has been tough........

Kings seem to be just off-kilter -- and it's the defense.

at times they play really well and the offense clicks.

In the OT tonight vs. Winnipeg -  it seemed like the Jets were in the attacking zone the entire OT period -- amazing they didn't score to win it then.

we miss mitchell and voynov on the blueline. quick has played well and continues to make incredible saves, but he seems to be giving up an inordinate amount of goals on deflections off of the sticks of our own defenders. not sure how you fix that.

worried about the injury to pierson. it looked pretty awful. hope it's not too serious.

toffoli out with mono. not surprising considering he looks young enough to still be in high school.

Sweet. I played once after a game. Even got to hang out with Bob Miller while we waited. How many tickets did he have to buy?

not sure and never even thought of asking him. i'm having lunch with him next tuesday. i'll see what i can find out.  :P