• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Man charged with murder after son dies in hot car

So I can kind of sort of see how you could get caught up in something and forget to stop at the daycare on your way to work.

But I'm not sure how you would do that and then park at your work and get out of the car, all without realizing the kid is still sitting there in the backseat.

So I can kind of sort of see how you could get caught up in something and forget to stop at the daycare on your way to work.

But I'm not sure how you would do that and then park at your work and get out of the car, all without realizing the kid is still sitting there in the backseat.

Don't know the details.  But if you are juggling a lot of things in the morning.  And your wife puts the kid in the car and while you are preoccupied when she says to drop him off at daycare.  And you are late, and rushing to work.  And the kid doesn't say a word.  

Not excusing it.  But these types of situations probably come up more than the headlines make you believe.  

How many times, when you child is/was small, do you watch the child in one room, get preoccupied with laundry or dishes, or cleaning, and the kid is all of a sudden is in another room/outside?  How many times, do you bathe your child, the phone rings, so you run to go pick it up for 10 seconds?  How many times does a spouse bring a kid into the room and says watch him/her, and you don't even notice since you are doing something else.  

Again, it's an extreme, but these things don't make you a murderer/bad parent.  

This same thing happened to a University Prof a few years back. (I think it was UCI)

Kid in the car seat he either forgot was there, or never knew was there.

If I remember correctly they decided not to go ahead with charges, figuring he had suffered enough.

Most car seats are in clear view of the rear view mirror. As a parent I don't see how this old happen if you really cared about your kids.

Some people keep their car seats in their car regardless if the child is in there. According to witnesses after he jumped out and failed to revive his son he was heard saying "what have I done? What have I done?" I'm sure he cared and loved his son very much. Heart goes out to the poor child who suffered and the family for the anguish they must be feeling.

i dont have kids but this stuff scares the hell out of me.

there was a great article in the washington post about the debate of crime vs not a crime.

the guy won the pulitzer for this piece.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/fatal-distraction-forgetting-a-child-in-thebackseat-of-a-car-is-a-horrifying-mistake-is-it-a-crime/2014/06/16/8ae0fe3a-f580-11e3-a3a5-42be35962a52_story.html

i dont have kids but this stuff scares the hell out of me.

there was a great article in the washington post about the debate of crime vs not a crime.

the guy won the pulitzer for this piece.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/fatal-distraction-forgetting-a-child-in-thebackseat-of-a-car-is-a-horrifying-mistake-is-it-a-crime/2014/06/16/8ae0fe3a-f580-11e3-a3a5-42be35962a52_story.html

That was a tough, tough read, and resonates with having a newborn

Don't know the details.  But if you are juggling a lot of things in the morning.  And your wife puts the kid in the car and while you are preoccupied when she says to drop him off at daycare.  And you are late, and rushing to work.  And the kid doesn't say a word.  

Not excusing it.  But these types of situations probably come up more than the headlines make you believe.  

How many times, when you child is/was small, do you watch the child in one room, get preoccupied with laundry or dishes, or cleaning, and the kid is all of a sudden is in another room/outside?  How many times, do you bathe your child, the phone rings, so you run to go pick it up for 10 seconds?  How many times does a spouse bring a kid into the room and says watch him/her, and you don't even notice since you are doing something else.  

Again, it's an extreme, but these things don't make you a murderer/bad parent.  

Actually it totally makes you a bad parent.  The basic charge of any parent is to protect and nuture your child.  He did the opposite.  I'm not saying the charges are right or wrong but dude is the definition of a bad parent.

I say manslaughter in the second degree.

When we were out in public or driving somewhere, my senses were always heightened when my daughter was in the car. I can't imagine just parking and walking off without her.

Edited by Tank

Our two year old grandson and infant granddaughter living with us for about two years. The car seats stayed in the car all the time. I found myself checking the car seats every time I got out of the vehicle, even when I knew that I was just going to work and had not brought the kids.